small pike report

bassmaster4

Woke up at 5:30 left to tims and to buy minnows. We got there at about quarter to 7, we began fishing and as soon as i put my rod down it almost flew in i grabbed onto it and began fighting the fish it was a big fish but i did not see what it was, it broke off. About 15 minutes later my dad had one on this one was a pike no bigger than 16 inches he lost it also he had him in close just barely hooked. After some guys with waders came down and walked through my line and got all tangled he was looking at me and i was pretty ticked and he tried untangling but no use after a couple of minutes i asked him to cut it. He brought me my hook and leader and i retied. About a half hour later i had nice hit i set the hook and began fighting i brought the pike in and it was about 20 inches. I saw that he was barely hooked and i was lucky to have landed him. We took a quick picture and back he went.

My pike (the sun was in my eyes lol)

pike1.jpg

Nice work there little fisher dude. Where were ya? Looks like some decent water to toss a line in relax with a minnow and watch for the float to go down. Keep up the good work. You may want to try throwing a mepps spinner if ya run out of bait, always works good for me for pike. Good luck on yur next outing. :thumbsup_anim: