Fishing in St. Lucia

FLEX ROD

So I am being " forced " to take the wife on a holiday and we are going to St. Lucia and staying at the Windjammer Landing, has any one been and did any shore fishing?

We are leaving on Nov. 13 and staying for 2 weeks so I will have a bit of time to try and play a bit considering that all summer I have not had a chance to fish at all.

Any and all comments and tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, FLEX - John

Yes I have stayed at the WIndjammer twice in my life.. no I haven't done any fishing there. Don't remember any unique spots at the beach of the resort, other than a nice sand beach and good drink service. Lots of places on the island though to toss a line..

We were in Saint Lucia twice the last time was 2 years ago. Tried some shore fishing off the beach at the resort. I asked a waitress at one of the restaurants for some raw squid and ended up with a zip-lock sandwich bag full. LOL

I'd tip different spoons and mepps with the squid; but only too get stripped of my bait. I switched to the smallest hooks I had and actually landed a few dinks. Don't ask me what they were; but they sure were colorful.

I also booked a 1/2 day to do some reef fishing; that we only went about a 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile off shore, to the far side of the reef. Ended up with 4 out of 5 barracuda; nothing big but it sure was fun.

092.JPG

That's Junior in the middle the boat captain. He was great, gave us a coastal tour along with the fishing.

He's out of Castries; the same area as what the cruise ships use.

I just called Junior now, before posting this; just to find out how things were going for him.

He said that the weather on the island has been great, only a few hours of rain here and there; but mostly sunny & hot!

Also asked how his fishing & boat tours are going; "the fishing been great" he said.

If you're interested in a tour/fishing day; here's his cell # 1-758-461-8983. Tell him Dan from Canada gave you his #. Always looking for brownie points for my next trip down there.

You won't be disappointed going out with him.

It not a huge fancy boat, maybe 22-24' long; but it's well equipped with all the safety gear. It's partially pictures above with the blue bimini top.

Have a great tip man; I love that island and its people.

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Just a heads up re St. Lucia.

The freshwater systems on the island have a parasite that finds certain parts of the human male anatomy to be a great host. It will "swim" up and make itself at home. Extremely painful and difficult to "remove".

Best advice is to stay away from fresh water and stick to the salt water.

HH

Junior comes across as abrupt on the phone and his accent is a bit hard to catch onto; but don't let that scare you away. He's a great guy and will do his best for you. He took us over to the Pitons; man they're a lot bigger then you'd think, when you're looking up at them from the water.

IMG_0269_zpsc7ma62xm.jpg

We had just gone through that opening in the rack wall when I took the picture. That's where they filmed a scene for the Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

IMG_0280_zpss7ejowwo.jpg

You'll have fun there on the island lots to see and do. And it doesn't have to be expensive either; look for deals with the locals; there's none (deals) to be had at the resorts.

I know that Junior will be able to hook you up.

Dan.

Edited by DanD