Heading up to Lake St.Clair this WE

Shloim

We will be heading out of Luken Marina on the Thames and I was wondering if anyone has been out and kinda knew where the fish are right now ? Im not looking for anyone's best spot but just a bit of guidance..2 weeks ago we found a bunch about 3 miles up from the Jeanettes Creek launch.

Thanks

Sheldon

Edited by Shloim

I have fished mitchells but only in the spring for pike. We caught a wack of pike trolling in the weeds not too far from the xe2 marker...basically we looked for where the boats are and went there. It paid off...we got a bunch of stinky jacks and even lucked into a 7 lb pickerel. The weeds we found were in 8 fow if I remember correctly

Weather report for this weekend doesn't look too good.

Winds Thurs thru Sunday are predicted as 35 km East, 30 km East, 20 km East & 20 km SW.

Not good for that shallow lake.

Also lots of rain on Thurs/Fri with less but still some called for Sat/Sun.

I know... But the reservations are made and deposits have been paid. Like I said if it get ugly and it sounds like it will, Im staying in the river to hide from the wind and the rain is what it is... For all the times the weathermen are wrong, I hope this is one of them!

probably some musky in the river by now too

Maybe now.... but only seen one caught at the mouth last weekend. Most were out in the lake, 15' of water on the bottom still. Very small Gizzard Shad jumping like crazy in the river, did see a few larger ones though when we seen the one Muskie caught at dusk.

So, that's exactly where we launch anyway. but we don't really ever fish anywhere near the launch. I think it was a bit too early and the resident fish in the river were stuffed from feeding on the shad. I think the third week of October and the following month are the best there. We went the first time, October 23 weekend last year and got an insane amount of fish, mostly drum and silver bass but they fight good and with a few bass,a muskey and a huge carp in the mix it was the weekend of weekends and we are still trying to duplicate that but it still hasnt happened.... we barely got a dozen fish between the three of us :(.

Edited by Shloim

• 4 weeks later...

We will be heading out of Luken Marina on the Thames and I was wondering if anyone has been out and kinda knew where the fish are right now ? Im not looking for anyone's best spot but just a bit of guidance..2 weeks ago we found a bunch about 3 miles up from the Jeanettes Creek launch.

Thanks

Sheldon

Heading up again this coming weekend, wondering if anyone made it out last weekend and how they did?

S

watch the weather. mother nature will chart your course.if you can get into the lake,theres lotsa eating yellow perch,bass and a few walleyes. the thames is a zoo. everyone with a baitcasters throwing giant rubber creatures. wear hard hat safety glasses and steeltoe boots. lol. once again venture out and enjoy the lake,if mother nature allows . or try Detroit river. it offers far more then the thames area. smallies,walleyes,perch and musky..if you head west to d.river I can offer assistance to have a fun day.

Lots of muskies taken at the mouth last week. Trolling and casting. There will be the odd walleye in the river as well. If you are into largemouth you can flip and pitch the canals and cuts at the lighthouse cove. Venture out into the lake and find some clear water for smallies. South shore is pretty dirty so might have trouble getting a smallie bite. PM if you want more info