Wildwood report

jjcanoe

Took the little guy out for a boat ride/fishing trip today to get us out of mom and the new baby's way. Went up to Wildwood C.A. looking for some pike. Got things started by trolling past the dam with no results and then headed out to the back of the reservoir by the bridge to try some tube jigs, also nothing. Tried a little side bay that seemed to be full of carp in the hope's that jr. would latch into one. Nothing for him but I ended up with 3 pike of 23"-27" on a white double bladed spinnerbait. He was pretty happy when I asked if he could net the 2nd and 3rd fish for me. The 1st one was at the side of the boat and he was getting the net ready when the fish took a leap and gave a shake to get free of the hook, next thing you know it's in the boat with the hook not in it anymore! It spit the hook but landed in the boat insead of the water! Lots of fun trying to scoop that one up

The little guy also got to work the camera, he's only 5 but took a pretty good picture!

23" Pike

101_0373.jpg

jjcanoe

Tried to get him into a carp but that didn't work. He's always happy when he goes fishing. He did his senior kindergarten speech on fishing last month when other kids did theirs on Barbies, puppies or Spiderman.

He's had his own spinning rod(not a spincast) since he was 2 and can cast it on his own.

Favorite thing in the world is to go fishing.

jjcanoe