Edgar Lake, cochrane air services

beerman

Hey all, just wanted to give you a report from my annual fly in fishing trip with cochrane air services.. We left thursday, may 31, drove to north bay, and got a hotel at The Inn By The Bay. We hung out on the balcony and drank beer all night. Lots of fun.. Friday, June 1st we woke up at 6 AM, for our final 5 hours to get to cochrane, ontario. Stopped along the way for 2 lbs of leeches and a flat of crawlers, and food... Arrived at cochrane around 1 pm. Checked in at the Best Westen, and met Ittalo from canadian sportsfishhing. He was flying out to Kesagami on friday. We talked, very nice person... After lunch, went to see mark and fill out the the paper work, pay for the trip, etc.. Noticed that they had borrowed Hearst Outfitters Turbo Outter, due to the fact that cochrane could not fly for 3 days and people were still in the bush.. Mark said we would be going in the outter at 8:00 am saturday morning.. Awesome!! And thank god for that huge plane as we broke the record for going overweight..1400 lbs over.. LOL. Maybe it was the 25 cases of beer?? Went to dinner, and a small bar in cochrane, then to bed early..

Up saturday at 6:00 am to get flown into edgar lake.. Loaded the outter, and off we went. I will tell you one thing, that plane was freekin awesome!! Landed on Edgar around 9:30 am, unloaded and got camp situated, and then we were off to do some fishing! Second cast, my cousin lands a 25 inch walleye, right at the cabin. It was on.. We caught walleye every where we fished..We did not catched a walleye under 18 inches all week..The weather was warm the first day, then it rained on sunday. I knew a front was comming, and boy, did it.. Monday it snowed, and was 33 degree f....... Monday night was 26 f... But the fish didn,t stop hitting... It warmed up and then friday hit us.. WOW..We were the whole way up the northern end of the lake, when it started to lightning and thunder.. We went into shore to wait it out.. While on shore, I found an old trapppers cabin.Pretty neat.. After an hour, it looked clear, and we left for the cabin. While motoring to the cabin, the winds picked up bad, and I mean bad... Next thing it was sleet and hail, and some bad winds... It was scary, and cold.. And the sleet really hurt the face.. But we made it.. All I can say is we experienced every kind of weather canada could throw our way.. It was awesome! No bugs, lots of fish.. I will post more later, and some pictures!! I love the great north.. Till next year..

PS..Fish caught 1800 walleye, 2 24 lb. pike, and a ton of white fish!!!

Only 2 cans of beer left over, ate fish everyday.

Cabin, boats , motors, etc all top notch!! Even had a Sauna on the lake..

Edited by beerman

How do I upload a pic to my Gallery Album?

First, go to your control area by clicking 'My Controls' at the top of the page. Then you will notice an area to create an album on the left. Create a user album, then from the drop down menu select 'Upload an Image'.

There are file size maximums, and total space maximums as well. Your image will be resized to 800 x 600.

How do I upload a pic right on the post?

Below the Rich Text Editor (RTE)..thats the area you enter your text for a post...you will see a 'File Attachments' field. Click browse and navigate to the image. Then choose 'Open' fromt he file browser and 'Add this attachment'. If you have multiple images, you can select where they go by using the 'Manage Attachments' option. Put your cursor where you want the image, and select the appropriate image for that spot.

Not that all uploaded images are displayed as thumbnails.

How do I include an image from another site or from the gallery into a post?

It's even easier than before. Copy the image properties. In Internet Explorer, right click on the image at full size, select 'Properties' and hilight and copy (CTRL+C) the image URL. Make sure to get the image URL and not the page URL. In FIrefox, right click the image then select 'Copy Image Location'.

Then in your post, click the image button (looks like a little tree). A pop-up window comes up. Just press CTRL+V (or right click, paste) and the image is put into your post right away. You can even see it without having to preview first.

OK let me do some math. 1400 lbs is approx 636 kg. Since Beer is mainly water thats approximately 636,000 ml of beer.

A can of beer is approx 355ml so that is approximately 1790 beers or 74 cases.

Wow party on. Sounds like a great trip.

I'd love to see a picture of that payload.