Saturday Lake O. Kings

Started with couple friends and the kids bright and early yesterday. Was great day almost no wind, not many flies and got some quality fish. Mostly Kings and some good ones at that and some bows.
Fish was down 50-60 feet. Early bite was riggers with dipsy taking over later in the morning. Ended up with 10/14 and very happy crew...
My good buddy James the famous maker of Ice Meegs jigs, is now also making great trolling spoons. He has supplied me with good quality salmon spoons (and some walleye ones as well) ....some custom design as per my color requirements some based on his own imagination. All of them caught fish...I am now a believer in using single hooks....few kings came on his spoon with single hook on it. With spoon prices sky rocketing and always tough to find the right colors I am moving all of my spoon business to him....his spoons work great and a much better priced than anything in the stores. Always the hottest colors too.
Few shots from the day.. The last King (22lbs) hit 7 colors leadcore at the end of the trip and took my buddy 30 min playing nicely to bring ti in the boat. He was so tired from the fight though had hard time holding it ha ha.

20160604_054404_resized_zpsuilwmeik.jpg

20160604_071532_resized_zpsvs41rbxk.jpg

20160604_131115_resized_zpsfgstpshf.jpg

20160604_130444_resized_zps0mjqhvu6.jpg

20160604_131152_zpsq6hnnmv4.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman