Kawartha eyes opener conditions

captpierre

Wouldn't make a difference with his roe bags nootch. They still won't catch fish..... LOL

Is there anything else other than bucktails that catch walleye? make sure you got lots of color choices too. Any color is perfect so long as the hair is black.

Didn't wanna fight winds or rain so we launched on Rice just before midnight. Water was slight ripple. It took an hour and a half to locate fish. Home, fish cleaned and in bed by 5am. back in for night shift tonight so it worked out well.

Edited by 206

Didn't wanna fight winds or rain so we launched on Rice just before midnight. Water was slight ripple. It took an hour and a half to locate fish. Home, fish cleaned and in bed by 5am. back in for night shift tonight so it worked out well.

I have yet to grow the nads needed to launch my boat at night.

We started at 8am. took a bit to find fish. The rain was cold and the fish really wanted to bite. They either gulped or just there. So OK morning. Got a little nauticasl in the afternoon. Bewdly Pizza made it thru the winter without me.

Edited by Garnet

Back in the day would troll the back channel (east side Boyd Island) weedline 10-15 ft. at opener with orange Benos and black/gold Rapalas. Find the back channel weedline and slowly troll with baits mentioned or similar.

Good luck!

Edited by ehg