A couple of rigging prototypes for the toon

misfish

Well with always getting the toon tip in the pictures and having a sore neck from looking down at the finder, I need to think of some new additions for the toon.

Today I got to test them out to see what could be improved on. I was pretty happy with the set up. Both arms swing in and out. Finder swivels on a aluminum base plate.

No longer will I get a sore neck from looking down at the finder. That is nice. The camera stand is nice to, as I can swing it in front of me and turn it 360 deg for those selfies.

The only thing Im going to do is wire the finder through the tubing ( Great advice Terry) This can be done as the holder removes and fits in a carring bag.

The camera holder will hold both my Fujis, Bonus,

So now to get some wing bolts for easy bolting and removal, add some pool noodle to the bar under the seat so it,s more comfy when Im carring the toon on my shoulders.

No toon tip in the picture anymore.

001_zpskqfjcfgc.jpg

And the new rigs

012_zpsiyasj7gn.jpg

How far are you from rigging it with stuff until it sinks Brian? Maybe just lose weight when you need to. Any downriggers on there yet Brian?

You go man.

Well I have lost 12 pounds the last 5 weeks. Drinking lots of water. Funny how that works.

No riggers, but will be hooking up a dipsy rod. Stay tooned. LOL

How far are you from rigging it with stuff until it sinks Brian? Maybe just lose weight when you need to. Any downriggers on there yet Brian?

You go man.

3/4 EMT and some clamps. How much weight do you think it is?

Nice rig! I'll be adding my LX-7 to my pontoon soon...how do you have your transducer mounted there

have you considered a swivel base for the seat? I found it really makes things more comfortable for me

and I guess on a big lake like that you guys don't really anchor too much?

Nice rig! I'll be adding my LX-7 to my pontoon soon...how do you have your transducer mounted there

have you considered a swivel base for the seat? I found it really makes things more comfortable for me

and I guess on a big lake like that you guys don't really anchor too much?

Swivel is coming very soon. The transducer is the ice fishing one with the floating foam tube. I have a S hook attached to the left toon. I just slip the cord in it and it works fine. I also want to swap out the seat to a foam padded one. My ass is not as padded as it use to be.LOL