Shootin the Moon

blaque

Have at er'..........those are amazing, That last one turned out pretty crispy!! The half moons can be a little more interesting too........not just a ball in the middle of a square composition lol. Puttin into one corner and adding the stars also helps as you did in the first one. Cool stuff

It really depends on the lens you are using. When I've got my EF 100-400mm @ 400mm the camera will autofocus pretty easily. I also like to focus via Liveview with the 10X zoom, that really helps. I find the camera sometimes has a harder time with the exposure level (Again all depends on the situation).

I always like to use the rule of thirds, I try not to place the subject right in the middle of the pic (At least in POST, during my actual shooting I really don't care, lots to crop out)

It really depends on the lens you are using. When I've got my EF 100-400mm @ 400mm the camera will autofocus pretty easily. I also like to focus via Liveview with the 10X zoom, that really helps. I find the camera sometimes has a harder time with the exposure level (Again all depends on the situation).

I always like to use the rule of thirds, I try not to place the subject right in the middle of the pic (At least in POST, during my actual shooting I really don't care, lots to crop out)

Ya i suppose it would. That makes sense. I didnt have the patience to keep trying on auto lol. My mirrorless has something similar to what i think your referring to with the liveview and 10x zoom. Ive got whats called "focus peaking" and "focus assist". Which basically zooms in 5X when i hit the focus ring and highlights the area of focus on the subject with a red or green (my choice) highlight. Works awesomely lol

I def. see the rule of thirds at play in the first shot..........and it absolutely works. Ill have to keep it in mind.........so many things to remember before you hit the shutter, its worse than swinging a golf club haha

You really don't have to worry about the rule of thirds when taking pics of stuff that far away, I think that Blood Moon shot is a 66% or a 100% crop.

If you haven't already, check out a book called 'Understanding Exposure'. It's a great read and will really help you out.

Edited by BillM