Kawarthas Houseboat Trip Question

FishFinder17

Two sandbars right out in front of Happy Days if that's where you are renting from, it should take you a minute to get to them. The other one is just north of there on the same side of the lake. Don't know of any on the other lakes. Watch for zebra mussels if you want to swim from any rocky shore. They tear up the feet pretty good.

I would second anchoring around the islands on Upper Buckhorn.

I hate the deer flies. They are not as bad on the north end of Pigeon.

make sure the driver watch the map, stay in the main channel, on pigeon, all the green markers are within 20 feet of very big and shallow rock shoals, pulled a few boats and houseboats off them over the years, quick way to ruin a weekend

Thanks for the tips guys.

I may change the route a bit based on your advice. I'm thinking we might spend a night on big island, then next day head through gannons narrows and spend a night tied up to one if the islands just outside the narrows. From there we can head up to Buckhorn or just stay in that area. I'm hearing the muskie fishing on pigeon/buckhorn will be best...

There are some decent numbers of musky in Sturgeon (all sizes) as EC and I seem to find those buggers while walleye fishing... One we never seen but I hooked into burnt out the drag on an Ardent reel in NO TIME and EC was on the electric motor full speed to keep up with it too, then it decides to hunker down and *ping* it was gone.... Good luck and have FUN!