Punkin girl's first 2016 report

Tuesday was beautiful. The high temp was 75f. In anticipation, I took the day off. After my 15 year old got on the bus, I headed 5 minutes north to my "home lake" Nimisila. Fished from 8 am to 10 am. Nothing. Made my way back to the ramp. Loaded the tinny back up and headed home for breakfast. Stella "punkin girl" wasn't happy that I'd left without her, but I reassured her that she would be with me when I go back.

The winds were out of the SW so we stayed on the north side of the lake. It was fairly calm when we went out, but the winds would pick up after an hour or so. I anchored in a sheltered little bay and rigged Stella's beginner spinning combo with a hot pink (she HAD to have it) bobber and a small minnow. I'd cast for her, but you know 3 year olds, she'd have it reeled back in within 3 minutes.

While tying on a glass rap that my brother got me for Christmas, and after Stella got tired of messing around with her fishing pole, her little bobber disappeared. I said "Stella! Reel it in you have a fish! " she says "NO! Fish are yucky!!" So I did the honors.

5CFA1779-8CAC-4550-BA06-C328C84823BF_zps

I thought for sure the excitement of her first ever fish would compel her to fish more...... Nope

She is definitely more like her mother.

My turn. That little glass rap was the ticket. I managed 2 crappies just like Stellas. Then I caught a nice bass. I let Stella try her hand at photography, and the results are obvious.

06069A23-3751-4740-A680-970C87FAE153_zps

What a great day!

Thanks for reading

Mike and Stella

Edited by Steelheadphycho

I hear ya! Nothing better than being out with the youngins and they hook up! Priceless

Also she pretty good on the cam!!!

It's what life is all about No doubt!

Ah but considering all the money I have wrapped up in pre preschool photography classes, you'd think she'd be a little better at centering up her shots....... LOL!!!

I think it's possible, but it's gonna take some work, to get Stella to become a fishing nut. It doesn't matter, great bonding time out there, a few fish is a bonus. Cool report Mike!

Thanks Chris. She will turn around. Her grandma is an avid fisher-woman. It's in her blood. The time spent on the water with her was 10 times better than the time without!