Newbie and Question

Maida_gc

Well hello. What an awesome & active forum... I see a few people at work today browsing around. :thumbsup_anim:

I'm 27, been getting into the sport a lot more the past few years and starting next year (curtousey of a New house North of Whitby coming soon) will be heading to either Lake Scugog or Rice lake more often as they are fairly close by. I mainly fish bass right now, but would like to add to my portfolio the next few years.

For now, I head to the Cottage in Presqui'le on Brighton Bay for the odd weekend and get some fishing in. Brighton Bay the past few years has become much better fishing as the fish have finally made the swim down the Canal from the Bay of Quinte (a great fishing location), and for the guy who asked about Brighton Bay, the safest bet to entertain the Grand Kids would be the mouth of the Canal (Both small & large mouth & rock bass).

Anyway, wanted to say hello, and say thanks for providing me one more place to visit to put off actually working.

I also had a question regarding the opening of Bass Season for Brighton Bay, I'm planning on going Saturday June 30th, but assumed that was opening weekend? Am I off a week? Thanks gang.

Sunfish...you are correct...it's the 4th Saturday in June.....

Maida....welcome to the board! You'll find this a very informative site...congrats on the house north of Whitby. It's a great central location to lots of fishing spots....I live in Whitby myself.

Welcome Maida, don't forget to hit Pigeon Lake as well....awesome bass action. I want to try to get up there as much as possible this season and try for other species in there as well (musky, walleye, etc) I usually start out at Emily PP, so its a long ride up to the lake with my 3 HP o/b... :D