RV Sites - Killarney and LSPP

atvaholic

Greetings!

After showing the boss some pics of my trip to Wawa last year, she's OK'd a family RV trip to LSPP. Being that its 12 hours away, we are going to stop at Killarney for a day or 2 to break up the drive.

Can someone recommend any decent RV sites, fishing spots(to take the little ones aged 10 and 6), bike trails, etc. I'll be in a 24 ft RV and have my two boys and wife with me. I've never been to either place.

Write back here or PM, suggestions much appreciated...

Edited by Creek.Jumper

CJ Killarney is the Carribean of the north, totally breath taking with the colours of the water , the smooth water sculptered rocks smooth as a babies backside, the fish plant , and the beautiful short walk to the light house,, look for our names john and peg etched into the brown steel pole along with many others lol

They were less than 10 years ago thinking of redoing a large building for a bed and breakfast right on the waterfront, a nice park for rvs was just in behind the cop shop, give or take a block or two, hope this helps but it has been 8 years since we were there, check out the school bus, that serves the fish and chips oh boy a little pricey but good, bring groceries with u , much cheaper,watch the children be careful by the light house as it is one big drop

Edited by mr blizzard

Killarney PP has quite a few sites which should be able to take your RV. Go to the reservations page and it should give the proportions of each site, and the maximum RV length. George Lake is an excellent smallmouth fishery, if you need any tips just ask, we've been going there for years.

LSPP has 3 campsites.

All are quite nice.

http://www.lakesuperiorpark.ca/index.php/camping/campgrounds

Rabbet Blanket is a pretty little spot and the kids can likely catch some splake in the lake. Nice spot to teach them a bit about canoeing

There are lots of viewing stations for Lake Superior after you pass the Sault so don't be in a rush to get there

Back in the day when the kids were babies and we weren't so regulated before the actual season started the gates to Crescent lake would be open.

We used to pack up the tent trailer and go up there and camp for free and have the whole park to ourselves

Edited by Dara

The School Bus restaurant is no longer a school bus. (in Killarney) They have converted it to a full blown restaurant and fish shop. It's hit and miss as to what they have for offerings as it depends on what the fisherman catch that day. Expect perch or whitefish.

I have a friend who has a place on the North Channel, 5 miles out form Killarney and spent a week there this past summer.

A big plus 1 to ensuring that you have what you need, before turning off hwy 69. The general store has some basics, but fresh fruit and veggies are few and far between... and expensive!

HH