Virginia beach fishing

Cosmos

We went to VB today, we were checking ice with heavy ice chisels every step. I stopped moving forward once got to 3 inches. I should warn everyone - ice is not safe anymore please dont try it. This morning ice was from 5 to 3,5 inches in most places. When we were leaving it was 1,5 to 3 inches. Rain was killing it pretty fast. Fishing was ok in the morning and died around 11 am. Kept 23 fish for pan. I hope next week we will have a good ice.

20160109_150103_zpsdraqyhxa.jpg

Good job :clapping: I was going to join a buddy on Cooch today but backed out because I didn't like the forecast or the current ice thickness. Next weekend for sure.

And I know that nervous feeling coming in from a days fishing on iffy ice. I hope to never experience it again. But man I'm still jealous.

Enjoy your fish fry.

And I was looking forward to seeing what you caught in Virginia USA. You know it's thin ice when you walk by a guys hole 20 feet away and water comes up it. That was 5 years ago on Quinte, maybe 2"s. NFG for me.

Good for you Costa, but you know we don't keep anything under 12"s here on Erie. You know I jest, it's actually 10.