Instant relief to my withdrawal symptoms!

NAW

Hey Nick that chunk of ice looks out of place. Where did it come from? Or do I need to upgrade my eyeglasses?? LOL!

That was the center piece of a 16" circular hole that I cut through about 4" of ice with my spud pole. Then I use my spud pole to pop the center of the hole up on the ice. I never bring an auger for early ice. I like the workout of chipping holes!

Wonderful post Nick, nothing like getting out for the first time of a new season, those fillets look amazing, looks like good times were had by all. Great pics

thx for posting

Thanks! Ya, they where tasty for sure! We will fry the rest up tomorrow. I have a hard time freezing them.

Cheers!!

Went out today,but my battery was dead on my fishfinder!!.. We still managed a good feed. But would have doubled our haul if we had the electronics working..

I guess it's time for a new battery.

I notice that your spud looks almost identical to mine! My brother made mine years ago, I have never seen one like it!

HH

I made it a few years ago. Works like a charm. The chipper part is hardened tool steel. Stays sharp for a long time!