canadian tire roadside assistance

huzzsaba

I had CAA in case I had trouble getting out of my camp road. The camp/cottage road is about 2km long. After a freezing rain event I called CAA to help me. I had an F150 with summer tires (yeah I know .... it was an early Nov rain). CAA asked if my camp road is maintained by the municipality. I said no but it's gravel and flat except for this small hill. SORRY! We (CAA) don't tow on unassumed roads unless you want to hire us as a private tow. His advice ......find some sand in the bush and sand the hill.....we aren't coming to get you.

That's about the only time I could have used CAA and they don't cover that circumstance so no more renewals.

I was told my members of a 4x4 club to avoid metal hooks. They can become dangerous projectiles when things go wrong. They recommended a nylon strap with loops on both ends.

That's fine as long as one of the vehicles has a trailer hitch ball to hook the loop on.

the other end has to be run around an axle and looped through before hooking on the hitch.

Having a shackle gets rid of having to loop through.

I have just been using one of these for the last 5 years or so.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/7-8-in-x-14-ft-tow-rope/A-p8020429e

I really need to get a better one but I hve managed to pull a stuck Suburban out of the sand in Alaska using it and my wee Honda to pull the guy out. :lol: