Gord Pyzer Muskie article.

captpierre

Read an article in Outdoor Canada that speaks to fishing muskies in the shallows in the fall.

They've tracked big girls in even very shallow water during end of November. Dead or green weeds. Needs to be bait present.

Gord says they go deep too but are heavily pressured there in the fall.

I got skunked trolling deeper on Pigeon this fall.

Will try a different approach next year.

The casting rod will come out again.

How about December? I tried Balsam on saturday as the weather was perfect to get out and the only time in recent memory that you could get out this late before the season closed there in the last few years.The shallows had nothing for baitfish that I could see,marked bait fish in the usual 10ft plus areas off the weed edges and drops to 20+ft but never raised or saw anything.Beauty day for a coleman picnic lunch at the Prov Park launch tho.Was only one other guy out there that day.Tried slow rolling 2 1/2 oz spinnerbaits deep and jigging 8" tubes and trolled at about 2.5 mph with a jointed believer.

Kerry

Personally I think there are multiple pattern and trolling is tough in the fall its always hit or miss. I like to fish Pigeon slowly and I make myself slow down with a shallow pounder or a very large tube - I don't think multiple tail baits work but that's personal opinion. I fish it like a suick strange I know but works very well. I think taits bay and into Noggies gives you a chance to explore all the deep to shallow. Just start a drift and keep casting. When you find one repeat. The bite window is also very small, sometimes we fish all day and get three in twenty minutes that's it right where we have fished all day.

I see guys trolling all summer fall and later and I am just throwing rubber, its consistent and normally draws out a big fish eventually. I also like where docks were pulled up I will spend hours just going dock to dock where they are now pulled up. Let me know some other patterns people think

Not on point for this post but I think it's fantastic when OFC members meet each other on the water. I have met a few members just having a conversation over the radio or at the dock. That's why I think it's good idea to make a decal that we can stick on the wind screens of our boats or vehicles. If I had one I'd stick one on my front door of the house. Any admins reading? If I have learned anything is that the guy at a meeting that suggests a project is elected to run with it. I don't have much planed this winter other than a few scopes. I will volunteer my time, all I need is some seed $$$$.

Not on point for this post but I think it's fantastic when OFC members meet each other on the water. I have met a few members just having a conversation over the radio or at the dock. That's why I think it's good idea to make a decal that we can stick on the wind screens of our boats or vehicles. If I had one I'd stick one on my front door of the house. Any admins reading? If I have learned anything is that the guy at a meeting that suggests a project is elected to run with it. I don't have much planed this winter other than a few scopes. I will volunteer my time, all I need is some seed $$$$.

Great idea

Personally I think there are multiple pattern and trolling is tough in the fall its always hit or miss. I like to fish Pigeon slowly and I make myself slow down with a shallow pounder or a very large tube - I don't think multiple tail baits work but that's personal opinion. I fish it like a suick strange I know but works very well. I think taits bay and into Noggies gives you a chance to explore all the deep to shallow. Just start a drift and keep casting. When you find one repeat. The bite window is also very small, sometimes we fish all day and get three in twenty minutes that's it right where we have fished all day.

I see guys trolling all summer fall and later and I am just throwing rubber, its consistent and normally draws out a big fish eventually. I also like where docks were pulled up I will spend hours just going dock to dock where they are now pulled up. Let me know some other patterns people think

I can agree with that.I am more familiar with the area around the prov park at Balsam and tend to stick around there and the weed edges,drops and scattered coon tail.Only raised one good one early this year and it caught me totally off guard.I had two other follows of smaller fish and ended up getting a couple walleye on inlines a couple other times.Other areas of the lake apparently were more active this year but I havent put the time into them as usually my outings are short and I do want to catch something for my travels.If walleye start biting I will switch over to cranks.For me with musky its hard to change from a pattern ie inlines and spinnerbaits that draw fish in the hotter times of year to a slower presentation that I don't really get to employ normally and be comfortable with and do it at a time when the water is 35 degrees cooler.

Kerry