Reel Donation

FloatnFly

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes.

A friend of mine works with special needs kids, and takes them fishing for an hour a day, however, the reels they have available are very old, and the anti reverse is broken on them, so they spend over half the time untangling lines.

So, I am collecting reels to donate to them, personally I have 2 reels that will be going. If any of you have any reels you no longer have a use for, that are collecting dust, in decent working order, and you like to donate them please let me know, I;ll be giving them to her parents to take up north to her. Im in the Ajax/Whitby/Oshawa area

I will be coming to Southern Ontario next week.

I will look through my selection of reels as I know I could probably let 1/2 dozen or so go.

We can make arrangements to maybe meet in Mississauga as I will be doing some business there a couple of days.

That would be a stretch for me to get there next week, only other way we could do that, is if there was a member out that way that would be willing to hold on to them until after Christmas. Just so busy putting in extra hours at work to get Christmas orders together, its about a 1hr 30min dive for me, assuming traffic is fine :s

Ever make it to Lindsay? I have one I could spare (so to say)

I could, they aren't needed until spring/early summer anyway. just getting this post up while people are putting gear away and thinking about they may or may not need anymore

Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes.

A friend of mine works with special needs kids, and takes them fishing for an hour a day, however, the reels they have available are very old, and the anti reverse is broken on them, so they spend over half the time untangling lines.

So, I am collecting reels to donate to them, personally I have 2 reels that will be going. If any of you have any reels you no longer have a use for, that are collecting dust, in decent working order, and you like to donate them please let me know, I;ll be giving them to her parents to take up north to her. Im in the Ajax/Whitby/Oshawa area

Pm me

I could, they aren't needed until spring/early summer anyway. just getting this post up while people are putting gear away and thinking about they may or may not need anymore

Deal, I have one now maybe another later on then. One for sure...

That would be a stretch for me to get there next week, only other way we could do that, is if there was a member out that way that would be willing to hold on to them until after Christmas. Just so busy putting in extra hours at work to get Christmas orders together, its about a 1hr 30min dive for me, assuming traffic is fine :s

Yeah, Mississauga is an hour or so East of where I'm going to be.

I'm sure there is someone that can step up for us.

I will be in Southern Ontario until Jan 1 so I'm sure we can arrange something.

Dave and Rick, you both can send them to me and I'll give all to him on a weekend where I'm in Brooklin (North Whitby) when I pick up or drop off my kids. Your call guys.

Sounds great to me! Im sure I have at least 5 reels to donate. Ill start looking in the morning. Goeff txt me you address bud

OK, I pulled a pile out of the herd!!!

The Mitchell is missing the handle but you may be able to use one off the current worn out reels.

Also one of the Shimano's is missing a spool but it can be used as a spare to the other 3 that are working. Three of the reels and the rod are as new. Should help out a bit I would think.

PC030087_zpsdjzu8bp0.jpg

FloatnFly, any rod's needed? I may have one or two if needed too...

I have to check the boathouse and so forth if so...

Im not sure if any rods are needed, I don't think so, but I can check and see next time I talk to her.

Dave and Rick, you both can send them to me and I'll give all to him on a weekend where I'm in Brooklin (North Whitby) when I pick up or drop off my kids. Your call guys.

That would awesome! Thanks :)

OK, I pulled a pile out of the herd!!!

The Mitchell is missing the handle but you may be able to use one off the current worn out reels.

Also one of the Shimano's is missing a spool but it can be used as a spare to the other 3 that are working. Three of the reels and the rod are as new. Should help out a bit I would think.

PC030087_zpsdjzu8bp0.jpg

You are awesome!

So you know who David Chong is right? I spoke to a distributor today who he works with for the “Catch a Dream!” Kids Fishing Derby and they offered me to help you hook up the kids. How many rods and reels are needed and are they all spinning or do you need some spincast too? PM me when you can.

So you know who David Chong is right? I spoke to a distributor today who he works with for the “Catch a Dream!” Kids Fishing Derby and they offered me to help you hook up the kids. How many rods and reels are needed and are they all spinning or do you need some spincast too? PM me when you can.

I do not know who David Chong is, but that is awesome, Im not sure how many are needed exactly, she just said anything to replace the broken ones would be appreciated. I would think in the neighbourhood of a dozen would be good. They have been using spinning reels, so to keep things easy, probably just spinning reels

Eh !

I do this as a passtime , I started off with " project free wheels " in 2012 , managed to give away close to 500 bicycles in a couple of years , ..

had a side interest with " project free reel " with the help of a few board Admins I've managed to give away about 200 rods and reels since 2014

, I'm no longer into bicycles , strictly rods and reels ( much easier to keep 500 rods and reels VS hundreds of bicycles ), I refurbish them and give them away to local organizations/ shelters /provincial parks, libraries and Cops and COs who can hand them out .

I'm just about ready to give away about 125 units , I should be done by early February ... drop me a line and I'll hook you up .

KCCO.

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

I got your PM but you forgot to tell me who to address the shipping to (name of the person expecting the gear is?)

I have 15 spinning combo's on order for the kids.

Thanks to a buddy he's picking up the whole tab.

Mod's, can I post the donating companies name?