Very Cool

bpsbassman

I've been like a kid waiting for the prize from a cereal box offer! Found this on E-Bay and had to have it for my Rec Room (yet to be built). :P

Not sure how many of you know that Rocket Richard's passion for hockey was second only to his passion for fishing. One of his ventures after he retired was to buy the General Fishing Line Co.

Clipperline.jpg

rokt628.jpg

He would spool the line off bulk spools in his basement and travel around the province selling them to Tackle Shops. To think that the mighty Rocket may have handled these spools!!

rokt621.jpg

Package also included an original pricelist

PriceList.jpg

The guy still has another lot listed on E-Bay if anyone is interested. Click Here E-Bay Item

My next goal is to try and dig up some of the nylon line that he used to sell.

I read an excellent magazine article in my Dentists office awhile ago that focused on his fishing experiences. Anyone know what magazine that was? I would like to try and find it.

Does anyone know anymore of the history of the General Fishing Line Co. and the Rocket??

Edited by bpsbassman

I think that article was in Outdoor Canada....

Ya after hockey.. he had to make some dough and bought the company and yes he did travel around to sell it!! If the artcile want in OC it was in OOD