Lower unit - bearing carrier

mike rousseau

Take the numbers off the seals and bearings, and source local. They are not special seals and bearings.

If you get the numbers, pm me. I,ll see what I can get them for. If your not in a rush, .

I kinda am in a rush... Not cause I'm impatient but today is the first day of my fall fishing vacation... If I order locally I'm looking at getting the parts Wednesday or Thursday....

Not sure if these are the right

Bearing 93306-001U1-00

Bearing 93317-22204-00

That's the number on boats.net site... I'm thinking they're just what're house stock numbers tho

Update ??????????

I got the drive gear outta the bearing in the housing.... Haven't popped the bearings out yet... I'll try that after the kids are in bed...

I've ordered all the parts... $257 to replace everything.... I'll be putting everything back together Thursday morning after my trip to quinte...

Mike I can appreciate your frustration with vacation and all the other stuff u have been thru but ,,

1 If it were me I would as mentioned get new bearings and seals, no way u just do a job half right because u will just redo it again, if your already in there do it right

2 Inspect carefully the lower end, before u do just the bearings and seals, and if you are not 100 percent on what to do and all the specs which are very important personally with it this late in the season

I would have the pros look at it now as opposed to the spring when they are booked up to their ying yangs in work and possibly rent a boat or even take a charter if one is available, I realize the extra expense of that

3 I would have it serviced now, wait for ice fishing and now you are good to go in the spring just my thoughts. I have found u cannot rush into a repair because u will just rush into another one

Edited by mr blizzard

Not sure exactly what your job entails but for pressing bearings into an end bell make sure to press only from the outer race of the bearing and be sure it's square going in. If you heat up the casting good you may even get the bearing to almost fall in. IMO you will only need loctite if the bearing is loose fitting and you'll worry about the outer race spinning. If pressing a bearing onto a shaft make sure to only press on the inner race or you will damage the bearing. The proper sized socket can work well and a drill press can be used as a makeshift arbour press, which is the best tool to use.

Cheers

Not sure exactly what your job entails but for pressing bearings into an end bell make sure to press only from the outer race of the bearing and be sure it's square going in. If you heat up the casting good you may even get the bearing to almost fall in. IMO you will only need loctite if the bearing is loose fitting and you'll worry about the outer race spinning. If pressing a bearing onto a shaft make sure to only press on the inner race or you will damage the bearing. The proper sized socket can work well and a drill press can be used as a makeshift arbour press, which is the best tool to use.

Cheers

Thanks for the drill press tip... Dad has one