Brutal

FloatnFly

you feel the roe on that fish was used to eat?

interesting.

I've never heard of folks slitting browns/atlantics/bows, etc to eat the roe....

it has been for their own use, or blackmarket sales to unscrupulous tackle shops.

The roe is eaten by many. Salmon roe is very good when cured right for consumption. I have tried it done by a fella at work. He eats the whole fish though, not wasting it like that one in your pic.

I will not say the roe was taken for consumption, as you and I both know, there are slitters out there for the roe only for bait and the black market. Black market if caught selling as a retailer is a hefty fine from what I have heard.

Ive never experienced this(way different location)

But is there any possibilty some of these banked fish are bear eaten?

I see it here with suckers and an odd carp. And it looks similar.

They just eat the belly and leave the fish

Id doubt it according to the posts on here over the years but...

i'd actually be ok with it, if it was being eaten.....

at least it isn't being wasted for illegal sale, or to be used as bait.

still should not have discarded the fish on the shore however.

are you aware of the species of fish in the picture, and that there is currently no season for Atlantics outside of Lake Ontario

Isn't it against the law to allow any fish or game suitable for human consumption to be wasted? Isn't it also illegal to sell any sport fish or game unless you have a special license? If not, it should be!

I have eaten many different kinds of roe and most were excellent if prepaired properly but I would never discard a fish for the sake of keeping the roe for any reason if the fish was suitable to eat.

Isn't it against the law to allow any fish or game suitable for human consumption to be wasted? Isn't it also illegal to sell any sport fish or game unless you have a special license? If not, it should be!

I have eaten many different kinds of roe and most were excellent if prepaired properly but I would never discard a fish for the sake of keeping the roe for any reason if the fish was suitable to eat.

Yes it is

oh and Rick, when was the last time you seen a bear with a knife to cut the belly open? ;)

I cant tell from the pic brother.

Thats why im asking.

The fish ive seen here look like knife work too but its clearly bear food.

Im just asking, like I said I dont know the area or the species or the loogans for that matter.

Just my own educational purposes?

Big time shame that this goes on

Here is a deal for you: If anyone on here gets any salmon or trout (3-5 lbs or larger is better) that they don't feel will survive if released and you don't want it, give it to me.

I will cure and cold smoke it for you and you will be totally amazed at what you get back (no cost to you but I keep half for doing it).

I have been doing the cold smoke process for a couple of years now and you'll never buy any more from the store after you have tried mine. (and sorry, no, I don't sell it) I'd be happy to teach anyone that wants to learn how to build the smoke generator and how to do the fish, it is amazingly easy and so good!

I cant tell from the pic brother.

Thats why im asking.

It's all good and I know you were asking an honest Q not knowing the area. The only bear in that area is in the zoo. It's pure goof's in that area. Snagging too most of the time. There are a few I've come across in the past that were really fishing and doing it right but there are more 'problems' than anglers in that area. So happy to have moved away from there as I'd snap one day if I was still there.

It's all good and I know you were asking an honest Q not knowing the area. The only bear in that area is in the zoo. It's pure goof's in that area. Snagging too most of the time. There are a few I've come across in the past that were really fishing and doing it right but there are more 'problems' than anglers in that area. So happy to have moved away from there as I'd snap one day if I was still there.

Man thats brutal.

Im glad I dont deal with it here.

Cause id probably snap pretty quick, in one way or another.

this was closer to you, than it was to me lol but yea, some one the people 'fishing' here are just dumb, musky rods and 'salmon' rods that are really mislabeled trolling rods