Out for a couple hours last night

BowSlayer101

Decided to hit a trib to see if I can get a few cohos and my expectations were exceeded by just a little bit.... First drift in, hook a giant steel, pops off 2 minutes into the fight, a couple cohos and 50 boots later. A brown decides to come out and play, now I'm pumped, next drift, another brown, was an incredible evening, first time successfully landing 2 lake run browns in one outing! Was a great time out with a bud, except for all the dang zombies swimming around, making things a little more challenging and frustrating. A couple pics of the browns: IMG_20151005_023308_01_zpstxkop20n.jpgIMG_20151005_023309_01_zpstigrgzan.jpgIMG_20151005_023311_01_zps5ylobh8d.jpg

Edited by BowSlayer101

Thanks for the kind words guys! As for getting them, I'd have to disagree with the above comment, browns aren't easy to hook into in rivers well at least for me and everyone I know, lakes are a different story. It took me a couple years to land my first brown, the trick is to find unpreassured waters, which is hard to do in our area. This is why I like to go at night, not many anglers around and fish are less spooked. Browns also love flies, my go to for them is aa glow bead and fly combo.

Edited by BowSlayer101

nah, you just have to irritate a brown....

too many folks think they are a light biter, that requires subtle presentations.

a kwikfish, j9, or other form of moving bait will get a brown to go...especially if there is stain to the water.

try a bagley small fry next time your striking out on browns. you'll be surprised. They are the apex trout predator.

also, like you mentioned, they are nocturnal feeders, especially in clear water. I caught a brown fishing frog water in lower bronte sections on a popper, while fishing smallies. a popper, lol.

niagara river to hamilton is the best brown trout fishing in Ontario.

March 1 to June 1st is the best time....

then again when the alewives come into the harbours to spawn. (usually mid to end of june)

with the collapse of salmon in lake ontario, I think more of us are going to start targetting browns.

we also get them casting hamilton harbour from september to january.