Homemade wave wackers

mike rousseau

Anyone ever make em...?

I got a deal on 5x8 x1/4" Lexan for $15 per sheet... These are normally like $200 from what I can see... Guys got 16 sheets for sale.... So I was gunna make a few sets for me and my dad...

I know an aluminium guy to maybe make brackets...

And dad thinks he may have access to a hydraulic press to bend it...

Seams simple enough...

And cost would be next to nothing compared to the comercial guys... Biggest expense would be the aluminium brackets...

Let me what you know and pics are very welcome...

Mike

Anyone ever make em...?

I got a deal on 5x8 x1/4" Lexan for $15 per sheet... These are normally like $200 from what I can see... Guys got 16 sheets for sale.... So I was gunna make a few sets for me and my dad...

I know an aluminium guy to maybe make brackets...

And dad thinks he may have access to a hydraulic press to bend it...

Seams simple enough...

And cost would be next to nothing compared to the comercial guys... Biggest expense would be the aluminium brackets...

Let me what you know and pics are very welcome...

Mike

yes I have

and I assume you are talking about splash guards installed on the transom to stop waves from coming in when backtrolling?

15 bucks for a sheet of Lexan??????? Im not doughting you, but that sure is cheap. Are the sheets still covered with the thin film ? Dose it say lexan?

Lexan is pretty flexable as plex glass is stiff. Make sure your getting what you are told.

As for making them, they look pretty straight forward to make. Using lexan, you can bend it on a break press. Thats another nice thing about using it.

15 bucks for a sheet of Lexan??????? Im not doughting you, but that sure is cheap. Are the sheets still covered with the thin film ? Dose it say lexan?

Lexan is pretty flexable as plex glass is stiff. Make sure your getting what you are told.

As for making them, they look pretty straight forward to make. Using lexan, you can bend it on a break press. Thats another nice thing about using it.

Yup

Still has the lexan protective film...

I think we are gunna buy everything he has and resell...