Anyone here use Talora Dipsy Rods?

KraTToR

Could you share your experience with this product? I figure that the Med rods would be the best but wondering if the #1 dipsy would pull to hard..

I'm looking for what model you use with which diver (#0, #1). I want to try this out on Erie for walleye and steelhead.

TIA!.

Patrick.d

We use almost all Talora rods on our boat for Erie and Lake Ontario fishing. I like the medium heavies and think the mediums pull to hard. (just my two cents but i have fished both) The medium is fine for walleye because it is like hauling in a bucket of sand. However, if you are ever going to use Mag Dipsy's and you have a big salmon or bow on you will be happy for the extra back bone. Again this is just my two cents and i am sure others prefer the mediums.

I prefer medium for a wire diver, I like the flex in medium rod since wire has no stretch,

Talora roller rod with a swivel tip is an awesome rod and can handle any size diver.

Daiwa Heartland wireline rods with roller guides and a swivel tip are another good choice, if you can find one. I prefer them over Taloras.

I meant the model/size. 0 or 1.. Agreed, I see little reason to not have it pull away from the boat.

If you are running three or four dipseys than you need to run one inside of another buy running one on a '1' setting. I guess if you wanted to run five you could run one straight back at '0'.