for the Six Mile Lake experts

bow slayer

just spent 3 days camping on six mile,only the second time I have been there in the last 3 years. We use to go regularly back about 20-25 years ago. Anyways we boated over to Pretty Channel and noticed how incredibily clear the water is in the lake now. I also noticed tons of zebra mussels on the rocks below the water falls. If I remember correctly the water was never this clear years ago,or am I wrong and it was?So I would like to ask is the clarity from the zebra mussels solely? When did this start? Also has it had any impact on the fishing or weed growth? thanks

Edited by bowslayer

The fishing has suffered for sure. I use to fish it often about 10 yrs ago and always did very well for bass. Numbers and size. Fished it again this yr last yr and the yr before. Couldn't catch a fish over 2 pounds and we not the only boat complaining about the same thing. The one year it was a tournament, while we caught lots of fish nothing over 2 pounds and I thing top team had just over 13 pounds and biggest bass was like 3.5 pounds. I hope this lake can bounce back, I did really like fishing it.