NF... our daughters first pow wow?

manitoubass2

Is kokum Mom Rick? They both look gorgeous. It must be like an Italian Roman Catholic having their First Holy Communion. It used to be big deal in our family. Now no one knows what religion the kids are, if any.
I remember my niece saying when they were little "we aren't part Italian Mom, we don't have a kitchen in our basement".

You must be sad you missed it Rick, you will have another chance soon. What's with the foot?

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Kookum is grandma OI

Yeah im bummed i missed it but i get to see her dance tomorrow?

She even won a spot dance award tonight?

Im so hyped to go watch her dance tomorrow its gonna probably make me cry lol.

Although im ukranian, italian, german, and norwegian. I love the aboriginal aspect of my better half and our children! Such a respectful heritage(not that the others arent as well)

Ive been out with a staph infection in my foot near my big toe. Been about 8 days of pure hell. Horrible. But its getting better?

And heres a pic of my better half just so ya know lol

PSX_20141012_181847_zpstxl6i4xj.jpg

Shed kill me if she knew i posted a photo of her lol

Edited by manitoubass2

And it is a communion of sorts.

I dont know how to explain it?

Its almost like military pride.

The elders accept you( even though we are a blended family)

But they cry, show soooo much respect to see the traditions carried on. Its just a huge honour.

Makes me very very proud?

At one with the earth as they say.

Its healing, very emotional. The dances are beautiful and all thats good in this world

Edited by manitoubass2

Now I know why I like you kiddo, Italiano figlio mio.

II didn't mean your daughters Mom, I meant your Mother. I thought she was coming this summer to stay with you.

Lol. Yeah my mom just got here last sunday or so, its been a blur. Hadnt seen her for years.

Good times?

Shes 100% italian. My belly is full lol. She cooks like 6 times a day hahah. Im not even outta bed yet and I can smell tomatoe something cooking haha

awesome thanks for posting, getting close with the creater and mother earth, love the dancing and drummin

Yep! We hit the powows every year! Its always awesome!

My personal favorites are the traditional powows but those are becoming rare. Lots are all just dance specials now.

My wife couldnt go because she is pregnant. Thats a nono. If you dance or attend a pow wow pregnant your offering your child to the creator