Lake St. Clair June 6th

Zib

The weather forecast called for a beautiful day out so I said "screw it". "I'm taking the day off & going fishing!"

I picked up a guy from my Lake St. Clair fishing site, whom I fished with before, & we headed to Lake St. Clair to our smallmouth honey hole. We fished for about 6 hours & caught a total of 54 fish (slow day for us, lol). Caught a few rockies, 5 small pike up to 28”, a handful of small largemouth & the rest smallmouth that averaged around 2 ½ pounds, with the biggest going 3 ½ pounds.

The guy I fished with caught a monster carp that weighted 21 pounds (no length taken). The carp almost spooled him so I chased it down with the trolling motor.

GregsCarp.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Here's the monster smallie of the day. :D

SmallFry.jpg

BTW, In Michigan waters of LSC there is a catch & release season from the last Saturday in Arpil until the 3rd Friday in June. Regular bass season opens the 3rd Saturday in June on LSC. Bass season is open in the rest of the state.

Can't imagine getting into that many fish in one trip.......lucky you!! Thanks for sharing and that monster smallmouth was amazing! LOL

bly

Earlier in the C&R season we were catching over 100 fish in a day & the bass & pike were bigger. Fishing was so easy even a cave man could do it. :) Of course there were other guys from my other fishing group that fished the same area as us but didn't catch anywhere close to what we were catching.