Top 5 Mid Western Ontario destinations

wvmedic

Hello all.

I'm just back from my second trip to Beautiful Canada this year, well this month.

Started on the French River and Lake Nipissing the last week of June finishing up our vacation on July 3rd spending our 32nd wedding anniversary fishing with my best fishing partner ever.

To my trip to Quebec fishing in the Zec Kipawa with the guy's, between the two boats we boated close to 200 Walleye for the week most between 16 and 23 inches. At a guess, I would say we boated nearly 100 Northern Pike in the 25 to 32 inch range.

So I am home 2 days and am already planning next years trip. I have never been to Western Ontario and I think I would like to see it as well.

Looking for a good to exelant Walleye fishery with not to expensive cabins or modern camping facilities and my 14' 9.9 hp tinny would be acceptable on.. Not to far into the bush, my Wife would not go to Quebec with me, we were close to 3 hours into the bush from town.

So what would be your top 5 Western Ontario Walleye fishing destinations? I forgot to mention, I would prefer just northwest of Sault Ste Marie around Wawa.

Thanks, Jeff

Edited by wvmedic

manitoubass2,

I'm not opposed to those areas. I need to look into driving times and such, thank you for the suggestions. Those are on my radar, and have been on my bucket list of sorts.

Jeff

Edited by wvmedic

Gerritt,

I was thinking the same thing.

I would and am looking over the maps for sheltered areas. I was white knuckled on the tiller when a storm blew in on the west arm of Nipissing at the first of the month. I was running as hard as I could to get out of the wind in some sheltered water.

Jeff

Some big waters for a 14'r with a 9.9...... You would want to pick and choose your days

Big waters yes, but lots of launches with great spots within 500 yards of the launches lol.

My favorite walleye spot is a 2 minute drive of the launch to northwest bay on rainy lake. Lotsa walleye, BIG walleye, perch, crappie, whitefish and big pike.

I hear some good muskies too but ive never caught any there lol