Fishin the bluffs

Gnote

Went out for a loooonnnggg day of fishing starting around 630 am and running till 830 pm with a quick lunch break in the middle. Water was cold on top no thermocline no bait no hooks no nothing. There was a pile of boats in tight so we started around 230 fow and worked out, we came in once the traffic cleared but there was nothing in shallow. We started the morning shift going 5 for 10 with small kings and bows all coming in 300 feet+ mostly on ff. the afternoon shift went over four hours without a hit until we picked up a screamer out deep as i was letting a dipsey out.

She bounced around 25lbs so i let her go as i figure it wouldnt survive the week. The rest of the day was a slow pick at smaller kings bows and one coho.

I really hope the big girls come out soon, im missing those days of multiple 20+ lb fish being the norm.

Tightlines!

E3930323-B284-45E7-BAA4-E928167F6E4B_zps

thats a productive day out there this year. Nice going. Might be the end of August again before we see the big ones coming out to play

Yea its been a rough year for sure, ive never spent so much time in 300+ fow but thats the only place i can consistently get hits of any size.

It feels like we are a month behind, this is how i would be fishing end of june not end of july.

Thought i would add i hadnt seen a lamprey this year until we were bringing in a low teens king near the end of the day and it had the biggest one i have ever seen hanging off of it, the fish got off when it ran into a rigger so i wasnt able to kill it but this lamprey looked like it was over 3 feet long it was disgusting. I feel bad for the fish jeez.

Edited by Gallie