cleaning mildew from boat cover?

bow slayer

Forget the name of it but there is a mold/mildew removing chemical at Home Depot under their white label brand (HDX?), I think. Used it on a bouncy castle that was put away wet, and it cleared it right up seemingly without harming the nylon. You'd want to do a spot test to ensure it doesn't wreck your fabric.

Edited to add - think this was the stuff here. http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-128-oz-Mold-Stain-and-Mildew-Stain-Cleaner-HDXMM128/203458649

Edited by cram

I bought some "Marine and RV Mildew Remover" from Cabelas to use on my pontoon boat seats. It worked really well.

Most of that stuff is just bleach .... so it's important to keep it off stitching, and to wash it off with warm soap and water.

I use Spray 9. It will take latex paint off a wall (don't ask why I know that) but I use that stuff on tough stains on my Top Gun cover and hasn't harmed it at all. I wet the area well put o the Spray 9 for a minute and then scrub it with a brush and rinse it well. The lady that makes boat covers in Dunnville said it was fine to use as well as it is rinsed off well.