Bunk Carpet?

Tybo

Great thread guys. Im off to Home depot to do mine tonight. Problem is that I have to go down to the launch and complete all the work in the parking lot.

Why?

I just jacked up the back of the boat and put it on jack stands with 2x6's on top and then jacked up closer to the front and blocked it up on beams. This gave me the room to undo and remove the bunks, repair and replace with out leaving the garage!!! ;)

Why?

I just jacked up the back of the boat and put it on jack stands with 2x6's on top and then jacked up closer to the front and blocked it up on beams. This gave me the room to undo and remove the bunks, repair and replace with out leaving the garage!!! ;)

Can also crank the tongue jack all the way down and then block up the 2 back corners and crank the tongue jack back up and the boat will come off the bunks then jack the front up a bit and block it. Both will work though :) Edited by Bondar

I used pressure treated wood and a commercial carpeting that does not have a rubber backer but some type of polymer. I glued and over wrapped then stapled. I didn't even think about stainless staples but I got lucky as they have not rusted so they must be SS.

I saw the aftermath of a nice new boat with a new 4 stroke that had the plastic like bunks that slid off onto the concrete. Not a pleasant sight, 2 grown men sobbing and curled up into a fetal position. I'll change the PT to cedar when and if it rots. When the cranking gets tough I back the boat back in a few feet and she cranks easily. If I had a larger glass boat and did not have a slip I would go Fish Farmers route, for sure or get a electric winch.

Can also crank the tongue jack all the way down and then block up the 2 back corners and crank the tongue jack back up and the boat will come off the bunks then jack the front up a bit and block it. Both will work though :)

Exactly ho I do it.

Jack all the way down, place axle stands with 2X6 blocks under the back of the boat then jack all the way up, block under hull forward and lower the jack to provide enough room to pull the bunks.