No good deed goes unpunished

HTHM

I opened my home up to a fellow member of the board who will remain unnamed. On another board I asked a question of how long one should perform a favour, I have to stress that there was no identifying information contained in this posting. I was very careful about that. My intent was to seek advice not embarrass anyone. Another reason I posted on another board, rather than this one. As reported to me by the other party someone who also a member on both of the forums in question let the other party know about this posting. The reaction was swift and out of proportion. Legal action was threatened unless the posting was taken down. The admin of the board took it down and I do not have copy of it to demonstrate the veracity of these statements. I ask you to take me at my word.

After long and careful consideration, and to protect myself by having witnesses I am taking this public.

The following is presented without comment:

Sent Yesterday, 08:44 PM

I will be up possibly the weekend after this weekend to pick up all my items that i will list , the rest you can keep . I require my air compressor all intact with almost 100 feet of rubber air and in perfect working order as I set it up to help you out , this also includes the breaker box. I also require the battery charger in good working order as before, my sump/ bilge pump , my 2 bins with boat items in it. Also my shop vac that was is perfect order with two filters, one for fine debree( blue I think) the other is white. You can keep the gun locker and the car ramps. As you stated its fair and fair enough on my part. One thing I do ask is a response within 72 hrs. If no response is received on my part within that time frame stated from yourself personally then I will have to take matters legally. You didn't respond on my last message ! I expect one here within due time. I'm an honest open guy ,God fearing! The ball is is your field now! Ps , I've already spoken to the police department for official advice , that's how angry I was over the post made on your part on channel 68 before speaking to me personally ! 72 hrs my friend! I'm a peaceful Sicilian

Sent Yesterday, 09:16 PM

72 hrs my friend, more than likely a Saturday or Sunday morning pick up for my person items.no response within 48 hrs then I will ask the admins on a few sites to contact you, no phones calls permitted on my part.
My response and including Roy in the convo. I also left a voice mail indicating he could pick up tomorrow (Saturday) at 5 pm:

Sent Today, 01:24 AM

Responded. I will give you a more detailed response sometime next week. Do not attend my home this weekend, it is not convenient for me.

I have included Roy in our correspondence as well, so that when you contact him regarding this matter it will not come as a surprise to him. Or if you prefer I could post this correspondence on the board.

Regards

Albert

Sent Today, 06:20 PM

Hi Albert , if you wish to add Roy to this conversation be my guest, not sure why because he has nothing to do with it at all. As for posting it, on OFC or any other fishing forum, I personally forbid it. Please do not call my cell phone again , I'm still upset about the post that you made on channel 68. Please show Roy that post and the response from aNother member that contacted the admins . The admins sent you the complaint . In regards to something that was sent me on your part, I did not leave you a black eye with the admins on channel 68 or who ever, the post made initiated it. As for picking up my things as mentioned prior, as soon as I get a trailer and a few friends to help then I'll come by , the items are spoken for. I cannot predict the exact time but I will let you know at least 2 days beforehand. I'm hoping a week tomorrow as mentioned or the Sunday morning . You can put the items out front of the garage and we will pick them up peacefully and quietly . The gun locker and car ramps and whatever else I've mentioned, you can keep them. No phone calls /messages, no conversations regardless , only messaging on OFC

Sent Today, 06:21 PM

Where's roy? Shall I do the honours ?

Sent Yesterday, 09:57 PM

See you next Saturday Sunday won't work for me.

Sent Today, 12:54 PM

It's the only time I can do it, having friends help and the availability of a trailer. Put the stuff outside your garage , and we will pick it up. I will let you know a day or 2 beforehand. I'm finding that picking up my stuff is becoming as issue, pretty simple on my end I think. I will message you soon when I'm coming by. It will be at my convenience and how I feel due to surgery. Sorry I'm not playing this game of tag ! I see that Roy isnt included in this conversation?
My finally fed up response:

Sent Today, 10:17 PM

On Saturday the 11th, I will put all your stuff at the side of the road at the end of my laneway. You and your friends are not welcome on my property. If you come to pick it up late and it is gone, not my problem.

You seem to forget who has done who the favours here, ******************. I opened up my home to you and your stuff for over three years and the only thing I asked for was that you supply me a case of beer every now and again. Over the time you were my guest at my home, I received a total of 3 15 packs, and one 15 pack with three beers taken out of it already. In beer currency that is bank robbery.

During the time you were my guest, you tried to work on your boat and spent more time consuming beer than actual productive effort.

Now I never went to highschool so you are probably better than I am at the cockfighting rituals that immature boys do, however I will not allow you to dictate to me what is done in my own home. You will remove your belongings at my convenience, regardless of what excuses you may come up with.

I am sorry that you have health issues, however I will not allow you to take out your frustrations on me.

Good day, Sir!

Who needs people like that...?

Put his junk at the road and good riddens...

Sad to see how he took advantage of the situation then ended your relationship/arrangement with a hissy fit...

I'm guessing it's this persons poor judgement and short fuze that had him needing your help in the first place

I deleted two posts.

Not really sure what to say about this one???

My thoughts exactly. Sorry to HTHM, it sounds like a crummy situation.

Agree with Mike though for sure... You've done plenty enough good for the guy already so take charge if it's not going good now.

I'm pretty sure that the police response to this issue would be that this is a civil issue and not their problem. "It will be at my convenience" seems a little weird, considering you were doing the favour, but whatever, the solution seems simple enough.

So you let someone stay with you for 3 years, for a few beers?

You guys former best friends or something? Or maybe you have the biggest heart in the world?

Something seems off here.

He was not renting nor leasing, correct?

Put his stuff out like you said in your "angry post". Let him deal with it.

Sounds to me like your "buddy" has a bad case of wet brain.

Kudos to you for helping out, but draw your line. Abuse can only go so far and things get much worse.

I hope you get a peaceful resolution

Now here's a good Sunday morning thread to be reading. I know nothing about this and so I'm wondering why my name got mentioned here. I'm kind of leery of people wanting to keep things private, yet post to public forums where both members are well known. Sort your stuff out, guys. Someone just has to take the first step.

We'll be locking this thread...in the meantime, your PM privileges still remain and you'll be able to get your little problems in order.

Thanks for understanding.