Sparrow Lake - A little assistance?

Steve

Dad and I are itchin' to get out for some more bass fishing.

We are thinking about trying out sparrow lake.

Never been there before.

It appears to be ok for largies.

Anyone have any info on the lake regarding boat ramps, etc?

Not looking for any honey holes, not by any means.

Just curious if anyone has any lake info? Deep? Rocky? shallow? weedy?

Thanks!!

Steve

I go out of lauderdale point marina. The launch is pretty good, but temporary docking leaves something to be desired . They have a decent washroom, a snack bar during the summer months etc, so you don't have to bring a lunch if you don't want to. Most of the bays are pretty weedy, you will get as many small pike as bass. There are lots of open sand flats, and rocky islands as well. It's a decent smallmouth and largemouth lake. There are some pretty shady areas as far as underwater obstructions, but they are prett well marked. If you have navionics, it's fairly accurate for the lake. Not a big lake at all, easy to get around. It's not my favorite lake, but it's a good day trip. Have fun.

wussup I got a cottage on Sparrow Lake in the bay just east of Lauderdale..

You got 2 launch points at the Blue swing bridge in the river or at Lauderdale marina

All the bays are roughly 6-12ft depending how close you are to shore. You'll mainly find pike, large and smallmouth bass and perch (senkos, spinners and top waters)

The mouth of the river is a good spot to fish (bring live bait)... pickerel, pike, catfish, perch, large and smallmouth bass, muskie, bowfin.. theres been reports of lake sturgeon too

Watch out for sunken island at the north part of the lake entering the river (its marked pretty well)... All and all I darn love fishing sparrow lake.

this thread shows the board is still willing to share when your not looking for secrets, just some basic info.

we headed out, but had a trailer bearing go on us on the way up.

by the time we made it to the lake, it was almost noon.

fished for five hours, but our mojo wasn't there. We did up about 10 largies, biggest about 2.5lbs.

i truly thank everyone for the info and pm's.

this is a good place.

Edited by Steve