Stoney Lake BlueGills

Hello, I have been coming back to Rice Lake for a couple years but used to come up as a kid on our family vacation.  We used to catch nice big Bluegills there but after returning from many years off, it looks like they are mostly small now.  I heard from an old fisherman, that lives where I work, that used to go to Stoney (5 years ago) that they still have the nice big 9-10" gills I remember from my childhood.  I am now preparing to be bringing my family up to Rice and was curious if anyone knows a couple spots where I could maybe try to take my girls over to Stoney and find some big gills for them to catch?  I normally don't have a problem going to a lake, doing my homework, and finding the fish.  But when you're staying on a different lake and then only going over to a new one for one half to 3/4 of a day, it would be nice to know a couple places to go try to start so I'm not spending all day trying to locate fish and striking out.  We're coming up mid June, 19-26th, if that makes a difference in any suggestions on where to try.

Thanks

Al Linder once said that people actually harvest panfish referring to crappies before they ever reach there maximum growth, so those genetics are there but they are harvested before we ever see the real potential, especially now, as big Bluegills those plate sized ones were common in the early years because no one really targeted them, opting for the plentiful Walleye, in many watgers these are gone, and 7 inchers are big ones now,