Re spooling Line counter reels

I bought a few line counter reels over the winter and want suggestions as what to re spool them with. They will be used for the downriggers or small planner boards. I already have a few loaded with leadcore so I don't need leadcore on them. I will be fishing for Erie eyes and of course may get a few stray Rainbows and Coho. The average fish is 8 pounds. If I get a 30 plus King on I will deal with too light a line and have some real fun watching my reel catch fire. All will have a fluorocarbon leader. I might as well ask what rating the flouro should be. I am currently using 20 pound flouro on my leadcore.

I think there is mono on there now and it's all coming off. Money is really not an issue as I have all these thousands of dollars invested already in everything else from the boat to the truck to get the boat there and everything in between so no way will cheap out on line. That drives me insane when I see guys do that. $30,000.00 boat, $50,000.00 truck and won't spend $30.00 on line.

Thanks

Johnny D

Edited by Old Ironmaker

If you use any data from precision trolling, I believe that the diameter of 30lb power pro is pretty close to the diameter of 10lb xl which most of the data is based on. Last time I checked anyway. I don't hardly replace power pro once its on a reel. Just turn it around once every 3 years or so, and sometimes cut a few feet off.