Gardening 2015

muskymatt

Paul you need to try more blight resistant strains..We switched to Sicilian saucers when they were the only survivors in our garden the one summer..Since then I harvest my seeds from them tomatoes. I haven't lost a plant to blight in 2 years now. Where are you located? I wouldn't mind giving you a 6 pack of plants to try in your garden if you would like.

Thanks for this-very kind of you--cell pack of 6 would be Terrific--am currently in Bradford--you could drop them off @ Joes Garden Center on the main drag and mark them Pickup for Paul

Cheers Mate

ID1

Some nice looking shots on here. Thx for sharing all. Got home from work last night at midnight and raced out to cover everything up. Good frost on the ground when I got up at 7. Went out to get my peppers tomatoes and basil plants in the ground. Tried to turn my hose on but it was froze solid enough that water would not come out :wallbash:

Came back in the house for a coffee to warm up a bit and the furnace is running. It is May 23rd isn't it. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Have had a veggie garden since I got my 1st house in 1984. I can't recall a frost this hard this late before here in Oshawa.

I covered the garden last night, good thing I did. No casualties and the sun is out bright and strong. Calling for rain starting tomorrow right till next weekend.

My radishes are up ! :clapping:

Edited by muskymatt

Thanks for this-very kind of you--cell pack of 6 would be Terrific--am currently in Bradford--you could drop them off @ Joes Garden Center on the main drag and mark them Pickup for Paul

Cheers Mate

ID1

Ya Bradford is a little far..Im in Brantford..lol Id love to get you some but logistics dont look favorable for that..ha ha ha

Id be happy to mail you some seeds this fall though.. these heritage tomatoes are blight busters..At least around here anyway

Edited by tb4me