Cannon Aluminum Mounting Tracks

KraTToR

I have 2 12" cannon tracks on my boat. They come with mounting bolts. So far so good, I really like them. I have heard that they show wear moreso than some other track systems, but who cares it's a fishing boat! I don't know much about well nuts, other than a bit of light reading I did researching trolling motors. Apparently guys use them for mounting trolling motors on some bass boats and glass rigs. I don't know how well they'd hold up over time with prolonged trolling and 12lb balls. Probably best to post on spoonpullers, those guys would know.

image_zpsgjhdupv1.jpg

I've been using them for years. The only difference I can see between burt's and cannon, is burts are extruded aluminum, and cannon is cast. with Fiberglas gunwales, I would suggest through bolting with a backer rather than using the screws provided.

Thanks everyone. I will be using them for rod holders and I'll be mounting it on the inside of the gunwale, near the top. I'll have to use well-nuts as I cannont access this area to install any type of backing.

I've had them for a couple of seasons and they've been great. They came with screws but I bolted mine down where I could and hand tightened the few screws with Loc-tite. I believe most track products will fit in them as well. I do know that Bert's do. Sucks that you can't get to the back side of them. It was stress to me that there should be some kind of backing in place for them, I used an aluminum plate. Maybe go with the longest track you can to spend the stress load. I