Replacing Rear Wheel Hub on 2009 Civic-NF

LostAnotherOne

Hey guys. I'm new to this car repair thing. Today I had a chance to change my wifes tires and put on her all seasons. Got three tires off and had lots of trouble with the fourth. I used penetrating oil and left on for 2 hours. Came back with a sledgehammer and went to town. Got it finally off and realized that I accidently hit one of the five bolts back into the wheel hub. Its the bolt that the lug nut attaches to. I needed to take everything apart to try and fix. Anyways I had trouble disconnecting the caliper. I think theres a screw to loosen the brake line up so it can come off easily, but not sure. My plan was to take the rotor off and grab the loose bolt, but couldn't because of the caliper wasn't coming off cause of the brake line (already took the two screws out for that). Heading to garage tomorrow and hoping the price wont be too high. If so I'm going to attempt to repair myself. Anyone with experience with my issues please respond. Thanks in advance.

You shouldn't need disconnect the brake line from the caliper, I don't have my Civic ay more but from memory assuming it's the same setup (mine was an 08 Si) this is how to remove the rear disk.....

Remove the two bolts that hold the caliper to the bracket

Lift caliper out, there is a section of flex hose that will allow it move about a little, support the caliper out of the way, I usually hang it using a piece of wire or a wire coat-hanger

Remove the pads

Unbolt the caliper bracket from the hub carrier (two bolts)

Remove the two retaining screws from the disk (these can be fun to remove, an impact driver is useful if they're rusted in)

Remove the disk - might need a tap from a hammer, just tapping around the disk will normally free it, try to resist using the sledge unless you really have to :)

With any luck you can replace the bolt where it came from and tightening the lug nuts up will snug it back in place.