Hamilton Swap and Sale

bigugli

Now that I have suitably recovered. What a great day. The place was packed all morning. Lots of vendors.

Was a great day to see a lot of OFCer's wandering about. Had to have spoken to 30-40 members over the course of the day. I again apologize for not having salsa available but the new, larger, family has cleaned out my supply.

Great show. I really enjoyed the day and got a great deal on the line counter reel and Shimano Down Rigger rod I was in the market for. There were deals there for everyone. I did recognize a few fellow members and did get a chance to briefly say hello to Fish Farmer. He couldn't walk 5 feet without stopping to talk to someone, it was more like he was holding court with some of his subjects. I did finally get to see Christopher K and watched his fly tying skills. I think he was doing more teaching than selling. He actually looks younger in real life, didn't think that was possible, sorry I didn;t introduce myself, you were too busy at the time.

Old tired jealous guy.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

As mentioned, it was a great turn out, better than any sports fishing show. I met so many people there that I didn't get to see much. I think thats why I go, just to shoot the crap, where can you go and meet so many fishing buddy's in one place. I got there a half hour early and the line up was almost out the door. :lol: Didn't get to talk much to John, nice seeing you Johnny, as you said, met lot's of OFC members. Saw Bruce at his booth, and bought some of his lucky jigs, :good: HTHM Albert had to show me his great deal of a reel. Talked to Kelvin, had a big tackle bag he bought, talked about how many refreshments would fit in it :whistling::lol: plus we should have taken our boats were selling to the swap, parked them outside with a for sale sign. :good:

Met (Spiel) Chris and Julie walking around, I couldn't believe he didn't buy one rod :w00t: he bought a big bag of spoons, but all the wrong color, I didn't want to say :rofl2:. Sorry Christopher K, I didn't see you. As I left, people were still coming in.

I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to the Hamilton Bass Masters for putting on such a great Swap! Show! Fishing! Meeting. I had a great day. :good:

Was great to get over to the swap meet.. met with Bruce and his son as usual and talked a little, met with Chris(Spiel) and Julie, Albert and Dave. Yes bought a BIG TACKLE bag for tackle boxes :angel::whistling: instead of carrying all my boxes, Big Tackle Bag for liquid tackle :rofl2::w00t::good::oops:

Did I Say That :oops:

Edited by Loonietoon

Again a great show. If the OFC folks had name lanyards I would have met more members. And it is good for the site. Just a thought.

Easily done as a common printable template could be provided here.

If someone is selling a boat that would be a great place to park it, great idea Dave. The show will be bigger next year I bet. The only thing that was not positive was there was not enough space. Some vendors had customers 3 deep at their tables. Carmen's or Michael Angelo's would be good rooms for the meet. Good highway access as well.

It was a nice show, good to meet a fair number of people from here! Bruce, it was good to have a table next to you and your son. I didn't leave with a ton, but definately happy with what I bought and sold.

The only issue with the show is it has me ready to go and drooling for soft water... Now we just need to fast forward time a bit!