Huntsville report

misfish

All I can say is what a great weekend and tourney day.Could not of asked fpr better weather.Saturday I headed up in the morning to do some scooting and learn some new waters and find some fish. All I got to say is those northern fish sure are smarter then the ones down here, ::):o

I started the day on Pen and found some nice weed beds and tried some hookless plastics to locate but nothing happening.No problem,I was just looking for quality water,and with the help from our member here it was alitle easier. Thanks again.

After a few hours of blasting around finding some go to spots,I headed up to Vernon and found what I was looking for.Nice shallows with drop off into weeds. Threw the plastic out couple dozen times and had 3 qauity hauls and even got to see one nice ten+ surface with it. Ok I got my morning spot. Spend a few more hours trying other areas but nothing but bass attacks. These lakes hold a nice bass population,which we found out when hooks were involved the next day.Pop nailed a 6+smallie.

So now it,s game day and we meet up with some friends,spend the morining having a good chat,Les showing me some new product that is awesome BTW.

Blast off time and were 3rd off and this is where pop gets his first lesson of HANG ON. :o Were heading right where I said, everything is going well until we go from third to 4,5,6,7,8 man those 250,s sure can fly by ya.LOL

We arrive at our spot and there are 4 boats there already,no woories,we keep our distance and work the area until an opening then we move in. Pop get a hit fish on,dang bucket. Throw that pink sluggo with the hook wide open,but nothing.Very frustating. No one in the area was getting them,so I dont know what happen,but today I figured out it,s got to be an afternoon bite area. Thats my story and Im sticking to it. :P :P,Move around,pop put on a Mepps fury and he has a huge 40 incher follow to the boat. Man that would of made our day. We work the area for an hour more but nothing. Ok lets try some other spots.Nothing but buckets.After 3 hours it,s time to head to Pen. I figured the way the wind was blowing the two weed beds I found would be holing as it was pushing right into them.

We arrive at the first bed and it was game on.3 fish in 1/2 hour. Nice relief to get some fish into the well and get on the score card. :) Work the bed for another hour and nothing but buckets and a perch ::).Head over to the check in station measure and live release our catch,I thought the limit was 18 inches but it was 20 so we let one go so 2 on the score card,and off we go to the next bed that is also favoring the wind. Get there, wham pops got his third.Yes another keeper. Continue on for another hour and again buckets and that 6+ smallie.Ok time to finish up is near,so we give Fairy Lake a try but nothing.

We head in hand in our ticket for the day,3 fish was our take for the day.We did land 6 but only 3 measured up.

We will definitly be there again next year,good time and great people.

All fish were caught on X-RAPS. Now I need to go and buy 4 new ones to replace the tooth ripped ones. :wallbash:

Congrats to Les Culp Jr for the big fish. Nice cash haul bud.

No fish pic,s but did take some of the area. Lots of history there. The canal s show age and a great past.

huntsville008.jpg

huntsville004.jpg

huntsville005.jpg

huntsville006.jpg

huntsville007.jpg

huntsville011.jpg

huntsville012.jpg

huntsville013.jpg

huntsville014.jpg

Over all standing

Finish................Total Inches (Including L/R Bonus)

1 Green/Rochette 171 (Actual average 29.20 inches)

2 Foster/Ellis 168.25

3 Thaler/Maloney 166.5

4 Hurd/Holmes 163

5 Dodd/Giles 161.5

6 Favret/Panacci 152.5

7 Beaudry/Stuckless 150.75

7 Butts/Barden 150.75

9 Michauvilles 150.5

10 Kennedy/Pratt 149

11 Macdonald/Brian Ellas 148.75

11 Downie/Hehir 148.75

13 Knox/Duncan 148.5

14 Misselbrook/Redneck Monahan 148.25

15 Thomson/Mackie 147

16 Carrier/Jeffries 144.25

17 Morrisons 142.25

18 Van Astein/Smith 140.75

19 Miceli/Oka 138

20 Bonazza/Shortt 137.25

21 Knox/Good 120.25

22 Franklin/South 114

23 Swift/Mctrivish 112.50

24 Kazlauskas's 91

25 Paul Macdonald/Harry Macdonald 90.5

26 Pringle/Garnier 89.25

27 misfish and pop misfish 88

27 Johnstone/Norwood 88

29 Walsh/Martin 86.75

30 Peer/Somerville 74.50

31 Culp/Broadbridge 71 *Big Fish Winner 36.75 inches

32 Baker/Colins 64

33 Payne/Leslie 56

34 O'Connor/Foreman 52.25

35 Jackson/Jackson 51

36 Milosis/Cole 48.50

37 Reid/Hunter 30.5

38 Lewis/Morris 29.5

39 Jim O'rourke/O'Rourke 27.75

40 Wright/Van Duzen 27.50

41 Molyneaux/Smith 27

42 Gilmore/Adamson

43 Martin/Lipinski

44 Rowe/Earl

45 John O'rourke/O'rourke

46 Green/Salitano

47 Demaine/ P.Smith

48 Winterbottom/

49 Middlemass/Brennan

50 Copping/Brown

51 Reid/Stinson

52 Wraxall/Jones

53 Ferguson/Mcmorran

54 Brad Ellas/Lalonde

55 Cottell/Reeves

56 Schmitke/Hill

57 Adams/Adams

58 Moore/Whalley

59 Frappier/Poirier

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report. Cant wait until one day I get into tournaments. Just curious. I've noticed many large Pike are caught trolling. Are you allowed to troll in a tournament?

Really??? Can't be anchored or tied down? I never knew that. Thanks Brian.

Dont forget,,,,,,,,,NO LIVE BAIT.LOL

My pop was saying this looks like a great place for a minnow and a bobber,I got a good laugh out of that.Ah old school .

Thanks for the report. You did all right finishing right in the middle of the pack. The one you had to release really wouldn't have got you much farther up anyways

Thanks Smokey,To me it,s not about winning, but if I do thats a bonus,as I am learning even at 42.Took my first year doing the pro/am to come to reality on that.I know jack compared to these guys that do it everyday,but I,ll take what I learn and take it to the next level. :thumbsup_anim:

Terry,only 2 more weeks. :clapping:

Guest mistyriver1

Getting to fish with your Dad in a tourney. That sounds good to me no matter where you finish.

Great report Brian. :canadian: