Poor Man's Filet Mignon (NF)

solopaddler

Food Basics has got boneless pork loins on for $1.88 a pound this week. I always get a couple, stick one in the freezer till it gets a bit stiff , makes it easier to slice into boneless pork chops, maybe use part of one for a roast or pulled pork. Great value, little waste.

No no....

Balut....... I had many Filipino friends in the hammer...

I made the mistake of trying this.

I would rather consume bear turd then EVER try this again.

Just Thinking about it makes me wanna hurl...

G

It's all mind over matter and it's not really that bad once you get past the idea of eating a whole bird.

Take Borger and eating dog for example. For most people in North America the idea alone of eating dog is enough to put them off the idea of ever trying it because it's not normal for our society while those who are open minded will chow down as there really is no difference between us raising chickens to eat and Filipino's raising dog to eat. I cannot understand how some people think that raising cows or pigs for food is 100% acceptable yet they think those who choose to eat horses, cats or dogs should be jailed for animal cruelty. Us humans are a weird bunch.

It's all mind over matter and it's not really that bad once you get past the idea of eating a whole bird.

Take Borger and eating dog for example. For most people in North America the idea alone of eating dog is enough to put them off the idea of ever trying it because it's not normal for our society while those who are open minded will chow down as there really is no difference between us raising chickens to eat and Filipino's raising dog to eat. I cannot understand how some people think that raising cows or pigs for food is 100% acceptable yet they think those who choose to eat horses, cats or dogs should be jailed for animal cruelty. Us humans are a weird bunch.

Exactly!!!

Yet many eat moose nuts fresh off the hunt

It works for sure.

You can do the same to poultry. I have never put that much salt, but I have put it on for several hours.

The best turkey you can eat is one that's been soaking in a brine containing plenty of salt, apple juice and herbs for 24 hours. The end result is a very tender and juicy bird (juice literally squirts out when thermometer is inserted) that cooks much quicker than a "dry" bird because of the increased moisture content. Then you have the gravy made with the much more flavorful drippings...

The best turkey you can eat is one that's been soaking in a brine containing plenty of salt, apple juice and herbs for 24 hours. The end result is a very tender and juicy bird (juice literally squirts out when thermometer is inserted) that cooks much quicker than a "dry" bird because of the increased moisture content. Then you have the gravy made with the much more flavorful drippings...

Wouldn't do a turkey without brining it anymore! Flavour is fantastic, and it does cook quicker!

Or beavertail?

OMG, one of natures delights!

No no....

Balut....... I had many Filipino friends in the hammer...

I made the mistake of trying this.

I would rather consume bear turd then EVER try this again.

Just Thinking about it makes me wanna hurl...

G

What? It's the best ? I'd imagine bear turd would taste worse ☺

The ones they have here I admit are not as good ?

My sisters mother in law opened one by accident one morning thinking it was boiled eggs.... she was in for a surprise. Made for a good laugh☺

Edited by spinnerdoc