Took my wife out to carp fish today

This is a continuation of yesterdays carp fishing. I headed back down to the Long Sault area today and this time brought my wife. Al ( Jackel ) and his son Zach were there all weekend so we met up with them. I dont have any carp equiptment so Al was nice enough to let us use his. Yesterday I was there and caught my first ever carp and two others with the biggest around 20lbs so today I was hoping to beat it. When we arrived Al said he had caught 19 since 4am but it had been an 1.5hrs since anything.

We had been sitting for a while when finally one of the alarms goes off and Al has one on, not a bad fight and he gets her in. Another lull and finally the middle rod goes and this one is running and running and running! I tell Jess ( my wife ) to get the rod and catch her first carp. This puppy was a good fish and ran all over the place, but she listened and did exactly what we told her to do and managed to get this pig in after about 10 min.

Al holding Jess' 28lb, first carp ever!

Jess___first_carp_28lbs.jpg

So now I am hoping my rod will go off so I can land one bigger than hers, she always catches the biggest fish when she comes out with me. Well finally it goes and I have hopes as this one is a runner and feels big.

I fight her for some time before finally getting her in the net and Al says this is a fat fish, so I am hoping 29lbs?

Well not quite but still my biggest yet at 25.6lbs

Don_25.6lb_carp.jpg

So a bit of a storm starts to move in and we are hoping for one more for Zach to reel in. Now Zach is 5 yrs old and is an old pro with carp and has caught bigger than ours. His rod goes and he starts to reel her in, with a little assistance from dad. He gets her in and she is a big fish, close to thirty and a great way to round out the fishing for the day.

Zachs_big_carp.jpg

I think I like this carp fishing stuff and I just might go for them more often, and my wife also enjoyed it even though her arms got tired. Hope the pics work this time.

Don

Congrats for you and your wife on all your catch! I can remember the very first time I ever caught my 26.9 lbs Salmon, I will never forget that for the rest of my life and who was with me when I caught that beauty! I am sure your wife was pretty excited. :clapping:

I was wondering about the #s caught befor you got there.. both your reports show that there were a pile of fish caught before you got there and hardly any once you got there.. I think jacklass is pulling your pin.. congrats on your first Carp :clapping:

WOW!!! A 28 pounder as her first?? That's awesome! Looks like you're taking a liking to carping...kinda gets addicting if you dont have a lot of opportunity to fish for stuff larger than a sunfish or perch. Congrats on another successful outing...looking forward to more reports!!

Big o, I am not sure why you would question the numbers caught. First of all I was only there for a couple of hours and in that time frame on the first day 6 fish were caught. Now Jackel starts fishing at 3:45am and stays until 7:30 -8pm. So in 15 or 16 hours it is very possible to catch that many and more. He did not catch all the fish as there was another in the group besides myself. Obviously you have a personal beef with him, not sure why but I have an idea. I never said he caught all of the fish. On the second day with my wife there were only about 22 fish caught and most were in the morning, with 5 being caught while we were there. If you have been there and I am SURE you have you know the numbers there.

I appreciate you congratulating me on my PB, but this thread was a report on fishing and I would appreciate it if you want to question and insult a friend of mine you do it in a private message, not on my report. I have no personal issue with you so please respect that.

It really is fun and social too. I wasnt sure if I would like it but it is alot of fun when you get one on the line and start to fight them as they are pure muscle. May not be the nicest looking fish but they are fun.

CONGRATS...YES CARP ARE SUPER FUN....I GO FISHING FOR THEM IN THE MIGHTY NIAGARA AND HAVE HAD ALOT OF FUN FISHING THEM...MOST JUST SNAP MY LINE CAUSE THEY ARE HUGE AND WITH THE CURRENT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO BRING IN. KEEP ON CARPING AND FISHING. PEOPLE NEED TO GET OUT FISHING AND RELAX, SEEMS EVERY THREAD SOMEONE IS JUMPING ON SOMEONES BACK.

Great report Badger...nice to see your wife enjoy her day out with ya...

Maybe I'm reading this wrong...but when you arrive your host already had banked 19 fish....and you've driven over an hour to get there and a rod fires....and he takes it?... :dunno::dunno::dunno:

That just cracks me up for some reason....

RJ

RJ , I told him to take it as I was not ready to take it. I dont see the significance of your comment. The day before the first rod to go off after I arrived he told me that it was mine and I did take it. I really dont now why you guys have to come on and ruin threads all the time due to personal issues. This was a fishing report and has now been turned into a personal slander fest as usual. Like I said before if you have a personal issue with me or anyone else then deal with it in a private manor. I am not slamming you here or Big o, I am just replying to you question.

If the Mods would like to end this thread then by all means do so it doesnt get out of hand. I was really happy to right this but now I am starting to regret it.

Bottom line is I got my biggest fish and my wife got her biggest fish ever and beat me. :clapping: :clapping:

Don