Cabelas, Barrie IMO

msp

But you can't be knowledgeable about a product that your employer / store does not carry. :whistling:

I have hunted and shot for over 45 years now and I don't know every single caliber that is out there and I can't expect some store clerk to know everything either and then if he doesn't, condemn that store just because of that.

A .32 Win special is something not everyone sees all the time. And there are many other calibers out there I know nothing about and I'm sure richyb and you have no knowledge about. Does this make us dummies in our sport. I would hope not and I wouldn't look to favorably upon anyone who does expect that.

But again, I not sure richyb is leaning that way or not.

But have you been in a sales position for guns and ammo?

The thing is if it's your job you really should be more knowledgeable than the consumer.

Even those that have been shooting for over 45 years. ;)

Heck, I have been living in house's with a furnace for over 50 years. It doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about furnaces, so when there is an issue I talk to someone that deals with furnaces for a living. :whistling:

But have you been in a sales position for guns and ammo?

The thing is if it's your job you really should be more knowledgeable than the consumer.

Even those that have been shooting for over 45 years. ;)

Heck, I have been living in house's with a furnace for over 50 years. It doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about furnaces, so when there is an issue I talk to someone that deals with furnaces for a living. :whistling:

Thanks, you just make my point.

Contact your friendly furnace guy and ask him all about furnaces he never sold and see what he tells you.......... :)

Thanks, you just make my point.

Contact your friendly furnace guy and ask him all about furnaces he never sold and see what he tells you.......... :)

I can pretty much guarantee he won't say: "OH, they never made those furnaces".

More than likely he would say: "sorry sir we do not sell those furnaces and I have no idea what the problem may be".

He then tells me that marlin didnt make the .32 only winchester did because the load is a WIN .32 spcl.

That is the issue.

If you can't figure this out you don't know squat about ammo.

But you work at a store selling ammo.

Edited by glen

I like that they have jig heads in bulk/loose. I was up there a couple weeks ago and thought the store was done up pretty nice and there hoodie special was fair on the pricing. I thought the wolf howls or whatever it was, was a neat touch. Can't pleas everyone I guess.

Pidge

when you're a big box store, with the overhead they have, they sure as hell better find a way to please "Just about" everyone...

or they'll be the next target. an empty building.

Sail is Canadian.

IF Cabela's and BPS closed up shop tomorrow up here, I'd be a very happy camper!

edit: grammar.

Edited by Steve

when your a big box store, with the overhead they have, they sure as hell better find a way to please "Just about" everyone...

or they'll be the next target. an empty building.

Sail is Canadian.

IF Cabela's and BPS closed up shop tomorrow up here, I'd be a very happy camper!

Only thing I'd miss is my redhead socks. They are awesome!

S.