Legal or Not

wkrp

My dog is on a Barf diet. Is it legal to feed her the fish ( perch )caught by angling and all within the catch and possesion limits . Also she is quite fond of walleye heads. Is it legal to have in my posession more walleye heads only as long as I maintain my legal posession limit of fish.

If I go out on the lake and keep my limit, come home and clean them, feed the family and friends then go out the next day and do the same thing I will have say 12 Walleye heads in the garbage for garbage day. So if what you say is correct Floatnfly I am exceeding my possession limit by 6 with the 12 heads? If that's the case I better feed the heads to the dogs before garbage day. I have a good friend that has 3 dogs, they feed on Walleye heads when they can get them. That pen can have many skulls in there at any given time after we clean the fish, I better citizens arrest him, and the dogs.

If I want to give my pet part of my possession of a game fishes that would beg the question would that be "abandon the fish or permit the fish to spoil that is suitable for human consumption"

I just downloaded the 108 page 2015 regs. Sometimes I think one might want to think about taking a lawyer along to fish for a day.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I feed my fish guts and heads to my dogs all the time, they love em.

But I let them gorge on them. No way am I saving walleye heads lol.

One of my buds didnt believe my pups would eat a walleye carcass in under a minute, we made a bet. I made 5 bucks real easy.

Huskies dispose of the remains quickly.

Also they eat lampreys, which makes me wanna puke. They dont even chew, just down the hatch. Gross

I would love to sit in court the day the Crown tries to prosecute someone that fed his pets the carcass of or a legally caught fish.

Yep, thats complete nonsense. Garbage or feed your dogs.

I cannot fathom and MNR officer disputing this.

The carcase is non edible for the most part, and they just go in the garbage and stink to high hell and raise maggots.

Heck even the garbage disposal guys would appreciate this im sure

If I go out on the lake and keep my limit, come home and clean them, feed the family and friends then go out the next day and do the same thing I will have say 12 Walleye heads in the garbage for garbage day. So if what you say is correct Floatnfly I am exceeding my possession limit by 6 with the 12 heads? If that's the case I better feed the heads to the dogs before garbage day. I have a good friend that has 3 dogs, they feed on Walleye heads when they can get them. That pen can have many skulls in there at any given time after we clean the fish, I better citizens arrest him, and the dogs.

If I want to give my pet part of my possession of a game fishes that would beg the question would that be "abandon the fish or permit the fish to spoil that is suitable for human consumption"

I just downloaded the 108 page 2015 regs. Sometimes I think one might want to think about taking a lawyer along to fish for a day.

i understand what you're saying, but from trying to think from an mnr perspective, you can't prove you have caught 12 walleye over 2 days, but then again neither can they, all they can do is look at the evidence in front of them, and what they would see is 12 fillets( 6 whole fish) and 6 fresh fish heads, would raise suspicions and possibly put you on a watch list.

perhaps my wording is a little off, but having fish skulls in the garden i doubt would be a problem

best course of action is to call the mnr