Sure would be nice to read some fishing reports

misfish

Put a hut out just west of Shanty Bay 3 weeks ago, in 100' of water. Things are slow, not much being caught and the fish that have been caught are full of minnows and barley. I suspect it will pick up once March rolls around. Probably back in the hut on Wednesday.

2 trips to Haliburton back lakes, I can't believe the amount of snow and slush. The tracks are great on my ATV but nothing works on slush. Buried it in slush in the middle of the lake last week, but got it out pretty quickly thanks to the winch, power auger and large tree branch. Iced 6 splake in the 2 trips. Haven't hit any speck lakes but will once the weather gets a little more tolerant for those of us who fish without a shelter.

I first came to this forum about 4 years ago because I had no idea what I was doing for ice fishing. I had a $10 ice combo and a $40 crappy tire auger and if I caught 3 perch in a day I was doing really well. Between awesome advice on the forums and meeting people in person who were willing to show me fishing techniques I STILL CATCH NO FISH BUT HAVE SPENT $5000+ ON GEAR!!! THANKS A LOT!!!

All kidding aside, the reports are great on here but it's the info and the people. It's also in asking the right questions. You can't see a report and say 'what lake was that? What were your GPS co-ordinates?' But you can say 'how deep were you fishing?' 'What were they biting on?' It's like back at school. If the teacher gives you the answer, you may pass the test but you will never comprehend.

The reports are nice but it's the people and the information that has been invaluable to me.

If it was easier to post pics from mobile I would post reports once in a while. I havent fire up the laptop or PC for ages.

S.

What kind of phone do you have?

I find it very easy to post pics on my samsung galaxy s5 and im not very tech savy.

I just open a window for OFC and a window for photobucket and copy and paste the code over, just like on a pc

It took a while to find the Lakers for us but I think we found ''The spot''.

20150208_110303.jpg

With the white out conditions on the weekend, it did a great job blocking out the background. We have been going out miles from shore only to find out we should be just walking to our spots.

Edited by Ron