Fairy lake, Huntsville.

tender52

Hi all. I wouldn't mind some info on Fairy lake if possible. The family and I are headed to Huntsville Feb 20-22nd. On Saturday we are going to Arrowhead park to do some skating, tubing ect ect. The 2 other families wont be meeting us until around 2pm Saturday afternoon. So, we are planing on being there Friday around noon. My darling wife :thumbsup_anim: , suggested heading up on Friday, so I can fish a little Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning :worthy: . Its not going to be a big fishing trip. Im only packing my suit, auger. 2 rods, my ( fits in the pocket ) tackle box and minnow bucket. What can I expect to catch and where to start? If anybody is in the area and wants to hook up, all the better. Feel free to p.m me. I really don't catch and keep anyway. Unless its not going to survive. and staying in a hotel room, I don't really want to clean fish :) .

Colin

Hi all. I wouldn't mind some info on Fairy lake if possible. The family and I are headed to Huntsville Feb 20-22nd. On Saturday we are going to Arrowhead park to do some skating, tubing ect ect. The 2 other families wont be meeting us until around 2pm Saturday afternoon. So, we are planing on being there Friday around noon. My darling wife :thumbsup_anim: , suggested heading up on Friday, so I can fish a little Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning :worthy: . Its not going to be a big fishing trip. Im only packing my suit, auger. 2 rods, my ( fits in the pocket ) tackle box and minnow bucket. What can I expect to catch and where to start? If anybody is in the area and wants to hook up, all the better. Feel free to p.m me. I really don't catch and keep anyway. Unless its not going to survive. and staying in a hotel room, I don't really want to clean fish :) .

Colin

The little lake in the park(Arrowhead)k gets stocked with brook trout yu could give that a try.

Edited by Musky or Specks

You boys need to read. When is the OB going to Huntsville?

You boys??

You said Joe

I said open when op is going up that way. LOL

As for the lake,Fairy, I have only fished it twice from a boat. Pike are there. if you look at a map,you will find access from a boat launch in town. Cant say you will find them there though.

You could trip up to Doe if you want. Pike,perch and the odd eye and the odd white fish. Never caught one though, but the locals say they are there.

Edited by Brian B

Thanks Bryan. I was going to text you about hooking up this weekend, but a buddy needs coverage to referee a game for him on Saturday, then I have my own on Sunday. I looked up the number to the local bait shop up there and I'm going to give him a call. I really cant be out to long, as its still a family and friends trip. Just looking to get a couple hooks wet.

I've fished Fairy and Lake Joseph for pike,Lake Trout and bass both ice fishing and boat.

On a quick trip I would fish Lake Joseph. For Lake Trout. White 3" Berkley power tube 3/8 jig. Minnows if you want. Tie a piece of 50lb braid to jig eye and small treble stinger. Now wrap the braid around hook bend to adjust length of stinger.

I had fished Fairy Lake for many years as we spent a week at Grandview every year for 15 years. I never fished it through the ice but I would think that the Pike fishing should be okay but that would be the only thing that I would focus on. FLEX

Thanks all for the help. I will try and take a couple fish pics on the trip. I have hit lake Joe before. If I'm going there its gonna be all day. Just staying in walking distance so the wife and kids can take the truck and go exploring. As will I, just not shopping and nick knacks. Stay tuned for a report.

Colin