cooking thread...

Does that mean you like? LOL

not what you thought as far as ,,,,,,,,,,,what did you say,,,,,,,arteries hardening . LOL

Oh I knew where it was going Brian.

It looks fantastic and more appealing at this moment than my soon to be steak dinner.

Thanks for sharing it. I'll definitely be trying this in the very near future. ;)

As for arteries hardening, just a way of saying I should likely be more conscious of my own diet.....NOT! :D

Im not a big steak eater, so I like this kinda stuff.

Hear ya Chris.

I forgot to make a mushroom gravy, but all was good.

cooking%20012_zpst50fta2u.jpg

My vison was a thinner layer of ground beef. More spinach will be added next time. Not enough green.LOL

Edited by Brian B

Changed it up a little tonight.

The Rib Eyes I have come frozen in pairs so I usually eat them back to back nights. To change it up a bit tonight's steak had two sunny side up eggs on top with a tossed salad on the side topped with the last of my smoked chicken breast and some home made Balsamic vinaigrette dressing (almost identical o HH's asparagus marinade). I'm full!

I38jVeq.jpg

Still salivating over Brian's dinner. :(

Changed it up a little tonight.

The Rib Eyes I have come frozen in pairs so I usually eat them back to back nights. To change it up a bit tonight's steak had two sunny side up eggs on top with a tossed salad on the side topped with the last of my smoked chicken breast and some home made Balsamic vinaigrette dressing (almost identical o HH's asparagus marinade). I'm full!

I38jVeq.jpg

Still salivating over Brian's dinner. :(

Spiel, another to add to the to try list but u did not have to get so formal with the plate,,,,I liked the original plate ,,,,,we have some of the ourselves lol,,,better flavour

cheers

john

Whats that dish called again? Meatloaf ala the gods?

Looks wicked and i like you added havarti(love that stuff, especially jalepeno)

Two thumbs up!

The bacon and weave with meat and veggies in a roll is usually called a Fatty. They are usually smoked then grilled to crisp the bacon but any cooking method will work. Other than the bacon weave a Fatty is open to anything. Pounded chicken is another popular one with some veggies and cheese.

The bacon and weave with meat and veggies in a roll is usually called a Fatty. They are usually smoked then grilled to crisp the bacon but any cooking method will work. Other than the bacon weave a Fatty is open to anything. Pounded chicken is another popular one with some veggies and cheese.

Well im a fatty these days. I better get on it and make this dish???

Thanks for the info!

Edited by manitoubass2

I made Brian's concoction for dinner last night. I altered the recipe Brian posted a bit, by adding Dijon mustard and I changed the cheese to Swiss. Two pounds of bacon wrapped the whole thing up and I made gravy with the drippings.

Turned out quite good, the family really enjoyed it and I am sure I will make it even better next time...

Thanks Brian!

HH

No pics but one of my favorite snacks, super easy too.

Preheat oven to 425

Cut two yams(sweet potatoes) into slice about 1/4-1/2" thick

Light painting of olive oil and some sea salt.

Flip after about 15 20 mins and cook until edges get crispy

Mmmmmmmmmm

Spiel, another to add to the to try list but u did not have to get so formal with the plate,,,,I liked the original plate ,,,,,we have some of the ourselves lol,,,better flavour

cheers

john

LOL....Thanks John, it actually was a chipped plate, I ran the image through Windows Paint first. ;)

No pics but one of my favorite snacks, super easy too.

Preheat oven to 425

Cut two yams(sweet potatoes) into slice about 1/4-1/2" thick

Light painting of olive oil and some sea salt.

Flip after about 15 20 mins and cook until edges get crispy

Mmmmmmmmmm

I do that, love it as do my daughters.

I made Brian's concoction for dinner last night. I altered the recipe Brian posted a bit, by adding Dijon mustard and I changed the cheese to Swiss. Two pounds of bacon wrapped the whole thing up and I made gravy with the drippings.

Turned out quite good, the family really enjoyed it and I am sure I will make it even better next time...

Thanks Brian!

HH

Thanks Joe

I know it can be made so many ways to each taste. I,ll be doing it again, but trying different ingredents. Like I mentioned, I would like to make the layer of meat thinner and add more stuffs to it. :D

CHRIS, YOUR KILLING ME WITH THE SMOKER STUFF.

Meant to ask, how did you find the beef ribs? Meaty, not? Im not sure I would of added sauce to it, as they looked great on thier own. Maybe a bit of hot sauce dip. :devil:

Thanks Joe

I know it can be made so many ways to each taste. I,ll be doing it again, but trying different ingredents. Like I mentioned, I would like to make the layer of meat thinner and add more stuffs to it. :D

CHRIS, YOUR KILLING ME WITH THE SMOKER STUFF.

Meant to ask, how did you find the beef ribs? Meaty, not? Im not sure I would of added sauce to it, as they looked great on thier own. Maybe a bit of hot sauce dip. :devil:

The beef ribs were insanely good Brian. In fact I pulled 3 out for tonight's dinner.

Thought I posted it here when they were done? Maybe not.

Here's a pic of the first meal, three ribs with rice and salad sides.

QPxMPHA.jpg

Three ribs tonight with baked potato and green salad. I'm sure it'll be very filling. ;)

9 lbs of brined boneless Pork Butt into the smoker at 11:30 this morning.
Smoked with apple wood chips that were soaked in the discarded apple juice brine.
The smaller piece at 3 lbs came out with an internal temp of 155 after 3 hours and 20 minutes and left to rest covered with foil. The larger 6 lb piece just came out after 4 and a half hours and is also now resting under foil. Smoker temp throughout this windy day stayed consistent between 250 and 270 degrees F*. I have tasted it..... oh my!

7wEtO0a.jpg

WTYyo8M.jpg