sturgeon lake with a fellow ofner yesterday (pics0

snagmaster

Hey guys I managed to get out on the water yesterday thanks to a fellow ofner....My GF wasnt to happy about me going fishing alone so I thought i would see if any OFNers would want to share my boat for me with a day and finatic ( new to the board) was interested even tho he just worked the night shift and was running on no sleep....NOW THATS HARDCORE...

We were on the road by 1130 am and i was planning on going to balsam or head lake but as I was looking on the map I noticed that stugeon lake was even closer due to the sideroads we were taking......so at the last minute I busted a quick turn and our game plan was changed for the day......wanted to try somewhere new even tho I usually pick up a couple nice fish at balsam.....and it turned out to be the right move

We launched at about 130 and fished for about an hour in the southern bay....I was not satisfied with the brown weeds and lack of deep water near by so I decided to look for a primo spot....theres no point fishing if you think theres nothing there...lol....

so we headed north stoping at areas that looked good but the first to stops showed no good cover on the finder so no lines were droped downand we proceeded to head north......I noticed a beauty looking little spot while driving and when i pulled up it was Gold.......all i kept saying is this is the spot we are going to get them here.

And a few casts later with my grub i picked up a nice 16". I through a marker out and we worked the spot.....few minutes later I get one about 20".took a quick pic and into the live well. Great job with the net eric

img0415cf6.jpg

.....very next cast my jig hits bottom and anothe 20"img0418et4.jpg I was pumped....It was textbook walleye fishing ( what i live for) haha......we continued to work the spot...missed a few solid hits and caught a beauty 10lb muskie which was released right away ....heres a vid not sure if it will work.

java script:ol('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49pSXkgbwtw');

after the muskie rolled in the fishing shut down and the wind changed from 5km to 35 in the matter of min...I thought it was best to head closer to where we launched cause we were almost a half hour ride away..I was satisfies but i really wanted eric to catch something..We fished for another hour or so and eric picked up a beauty 16 incher......It was a great day on the water

birthday281dn3.jpg

I usually dont keep any walleye and had relaesed all caught already this seaon but these ones were going to be a taty treat

img0428iu2.jpg

Edited by snagmasteral

Looks like a great day on the water. Careful going topless in pics around here, these guys are cruel :dunno:

Great report and so-so pics SMA!!!

L M A O Verno!!! I just gave you the same punishment I get when I do the nude fishin' thing, and I reckon I'll be gettin' some here in the near future!