We scratched our itch this morning

misfish

Not sure who wanted to get out on the ice more. Myself or Terry. After my testing of the 8" fin bor with the cordless yesterday and found the ice SAFE ENOUGH FOR US, we made plans to go play.

This is the time we like to try out our new toys and see what has to be improved on before we hit the big lake. Plus, we get to play with the video game. :D

Well what I found this morning was the smitty needs wider skis. The narrow skis seem to dig and not float. Lesson learned. Other then that,it worked great. All my gear fit nice and was at the right height for a comfortable sit. As for being tippy,no problem at all.

I got to drill lots of holes this morning with the 8". 27 to be exact. One battery lasted through 27 holes of 5 inches of ice and still had lots of juice left.

Nice to get out and thats what it,s all about. :Gonefishing:

Be safe out there, the hard water season has begun.

Terry... always the dry humour man !!

Guess my phones broken.... but then again I'm glad you didn't call, as I have no good boots to play in that crap! Hopefully Santa fixes that...

BTW Brian... I have a fair number of downhill skis around here.. if you want to give me a length you're looking for I'll see what I have.

Edited by irishfield

Thanks Wayne.

I will let you know.I have a buddy with some of that hockey board . Just need to get a piece and cut it to the right width. If I added skis,then I,ll need to chop the aluminum frame so it will fit under the tunnel cover.

Need to hit up your area for some of those herring. :Gonefishing:

Im sure that crappie area has ben hit hard and done now.

Edited by Brian B