Anyone have the Clam Six-Pack Ice Shelter?

Dutch01

Hey guys, need your help!

Looking at shelters and was initially thinking of the Clam Vista, but for "only" a hundred more I can get the Six-Pack.

I am aware of the zipper pull issue, and I'm cool with it, I'll just add split key rings as most reviews suggest.

My biggest worry is if I will be able to set up the Six-Pack myself. If anyone has one and can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it!

Edited by Dutch01

My advice

Worry about yourself... And maybe family if they fish with you...

Your friends can get their own shelter...

I always made sure I bought gear for me and my friends...

You know what I ended up with... No money and more gear then I will ever need...

And for a hut... You'll end up fighting with a hut so big that 9/10 trips you'll wish you had of bought a smaller hut...

Go with whatever will suit YOUR needs for your average fishing day

I have a clam xl4000. If you are setting it up in wind more than 20km/h you'll be flying a kite! Thou its possible to do if you anchor prior to "popping" it up its a little tricky to keep in under control. Some days I wish I'd bought a flip over BUT I like the extra room and I always fish with a friend. If you like to move around than a pop up hub is not for you. Once you have it set up you won't to break it down and set up again.

I, like said above, worry about me. Last year was my first with the eskimo 2 man hub. Easy to set up and break down. Running and gunning was not hard once you figure out the break down part.LOL

I am upgrading to a four man this year. Slightly larger, but it will be fine to set up in the wind. Just make sure you anchor one side first before popping out the rest of the hub.

Practice makes good.